“Only if you like OVERCOOKED burgers”
Review of Eddie Burger & Bar

Eddie Burger & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie Burger & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 147 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Crescent City, CA
“Only if you like OVERCOOKED burgers”
Reviewed March 21, 2010

If this were not a "burger bar" I would not be slamming it. As a bar or as a hangout spot, it looked clean and cool. But I came for a burger and this review is based on that. I come to Banff each year was excited about this place. Eddie's seemed like the ticket. Small, kind of cool ambiance - but its a burger bar and they only cook WELL DONE burgers. For those of us who like to chose how the a burger is actually cooked, from rare, medium rare, to medium, this is not your place. The only have one type - overcooked, super well done. This killed the burger for me.

If you like well done burgers in terms of being cooked so much that all juices are gone, then this is your place. If you want a drink, cool place, lots of choices. If you want a Veggie burger, my wife got one and was happy. But I can't recommend a burger bar that does burgers only 1 way. Sorry.

2 Thank George_Mavris

• Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
“Fun Bar - For Locals - Terrible overprice burgers - for anyone.”
Reviewed February 21, 2010

As a local, I was excited to hear of the Eddie Burger Bar opening.

Unique concept, great location, decent owners and a hangout where locals can get good food.

Boy was I wrong. I have eaten there on 4 separate occassions. 4 times my burgers were charred beyond recognition. It felt like I was biting into a hockey puck of charcoal.

The buns are definitely frozen as they lack any sort of flavour. Cardboard texture? Check!

The fries are okay, but lack consistency. Not great for $5.

Yes they charge extra for fries.

$15-$22 for a BURGER + $5 for fries turns into a $20+ burg.

Do yourself a fLavour and dine elsewhere. Want a burger? Checkout Bruno's.

1 Thank bodaciousbob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Get the 911 burger”
Reviewed February 10, 2010

It was great. Really a top notch burger. Had plenty of wines by the glass as well. Not a dinner party type of place but to watch a game or to have lunch with the girlfriend it is just great

1 Thank Philly2Ireland
Calgary
“Great food”
Reviewed January 30, 2010

We just happened upon this place while walking down the street with our group of 8 (4 kids)- and it was the greatest surprise- we all fit into the great square shaped booth in the back and all thoroughly enjoyed our milkshakes, fries, wings, burgers and beers- the food was great, the services was friendly and efficient. we enjoyed it so much we thought that maybe next time we came to Banff we would leave the kids at home with Grandma and hit Eddie's on our own

1 Thank girliemomma
Houston, Texas
“A real burger place”
Reviewed January 3, 2010

This is probably the first real burger place I found since moving to Canada. Several good burgers to chose from. I would go back.

1 Thank mpkoby