“Best brunch and best views” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Juniper Bistro

The Juniper Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Juniper Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 142 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The wall-to-wall glass at the Juniper Bistro looks out over one of the most renowned vistas in North America. Join us for locally-inspired food that's the ideal complement to a day of hiking, cycling, skiing, or downtown shopping. Our meals are homemade and decadent, crafted to include our most treasured Canadian classics along with new discoveries inspired by worldwide travels. From our in-house bakery to the spirit of our menu, our chefs are proud to create delicious meals with a handcrafted and sustainable spirit.
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best brunch and best views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

The Juniper is a little out of town but entirely worth the 5-minute drive. The views are better than anywhere in Banff, and the food is on par with any 5-star restaurant, but at totally reasonable prices ($13 for ham and gruyere waffles). Highly recommended for any brunch needs!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Gabrielle Z
JuniperGM, General Manager at The Juniper Bistro, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Gabrielle,

Thanks for your review! We’re so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your brunch with us. We now serve brunch until 2pm on the weekend! We hope to see you again soon for some of those delicious waffles!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
“Not a lot of healthy options”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

We ate here three times over the past weekend:

1st Breakfast - Slow Roasted Pork Hash, awful swimming in grease made me nausious. The pesto? had a horrible texture and my mouth was filled with the overpowering flavour of garlic for the whole day. I would have preferred my eggs poached medium but was never offfered anything but the runny eggs I got. Don't know where the sausage came from but it was bland, bland, bland. The bright side, the bread was crusted in seeds and really quite delicious.

Dinner - Bison Taco's, awful same gross pesto from breakfast on my taco? How about some Pico de Gallo??? I believe that meat it a taco should be bite sized or so soft that when you bite into the taco you don't end up wearing it The Bison was in strips and so tough that I could barely chew it.

Breakfast #2 - Granola Yogurt and Fruit - a pleasant surprise, The Granola was really tasty, the fruit was cut small and easy to eat.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Terra B
JuniperGM, General Manager at The Juniper Bistro, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Terra,

Thanks for reviewing us. Sorry to hear that you didn’t think there are enough healthy options. However we strive to offer a well rounded menu of home cooked food that does include plenty of salads, fish and vegetables for those looking for healthier options. On your next visit, might I suggest that you try one of those options?

I apologize that you did not enjoy your first breakfast or dinner. I can assure you the Pork Hash is not typically served that way, this is feedback that we can share with the kitchen team to ensure it does not happen again.

Great to know that you did however enjoyed your Granola, Yoghurt & Fruit!

We hope to see you again soon.
Adelaide, Australia
“We Walked Out”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

I don't write bad reviews in general, and I don't enjoy saying this, but this is meant to be based on factual experiences for other travellers. I had the Juniper booked for Christmas brunch as the restaurant looks really nice on the website. The communications I had via email with a staff member about our booking were really helpful and friendly. But when we got there, it didn't look like the same place as in the pictures on the internet. The floors were dirty,the whole place looked generally unclean, no one came to greet us, there were hardly any other people there, the brunch selection looked terrible, and there was a homeless person there. Not what I wanted for Christmas day! We actually wondered if we were in the right place. I am sorry to say this. The owners of the B&B we were staying at were quite shocked to hear we walked out, as they had had a good experience there in the past. My review doesn't match a lot of the other reviews on here, so I wonder what happened. Maybe brunch isn't really their specialty.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank KatrinaKitty
JuniperGM, General Manager at The Juniper Bistro, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Patron,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I’m sorry to hear that you were disappointed and didn’t stay. Unfortunately the floors in the Bistro do tend to look dirty even when they are clean, so we are looking into new flooring options. We are also having a deep clean at the end of this week to ensure that everything in the Bistro is spotless.

I can assure you that it’s not normal practice to arrive at the restaurant and not be greeted, I apologize that you were not made to feel welcome. The Bistro manager has been informed about this and will speak to our team to make sure they are up to scratch and greeting all guests in the future.

It’s also a shame to hear that you thought the brunch selection was terrible. Thanks for your feedback and we will strive to produce better options for the brunch buffet in the future.

We hope that you will try us again, we are taking feedback on board and working towards improving all the time. Thanks again for taking the time.
Bragg Creek, Canada
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stopped here on the way to the Columbia Valley from Calgary. It's just off the highway at the Norquay Mntn Road.. easy parking!.. Wonderful attentive service,.. hip menu.. great views across the valley.. Food excellent! Super Cauliflower/lentil curry soup. Stupendous shaved beef w/ blue cheese and pear flatbread (pizza type) .. LOvely interior...

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jerry W
Edmonton
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

We LOVE this place. My husband and I got married at the Juniper a few years ago and on special occasions we try to get to the Juniper Bistro (formally the Muk-a-Muk). In this case, it was New Years Eve. The view is the best in town, that is for sure. The food is always made so well, the dishes are super creative and flavours are knock out. The service at the Juniper is probably consistently the best service we receive when we eat out. It was a set menu for New Years Eve when we were there last and to be honest it contained a lot of things that I probably would not have thought to order but each of the 6 courses that came where awesome. The icing on the cake...they sent us a bottle of Champaign on the house! I highly recommend this place. Never had anything but great meals with great service.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank CarlaTy06
JuniperGM, General Manager at The Juniper Bistro, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Carla & Ty,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review! It was great to meet you both on New Years Eve, thanks for coming. Don’t be strangers, we’d love to host you again soon!

Regards,