All reviews elk cabin these cabins off street parking the main street another cabin great location bigger cabin private parking great cabin coin operated laundry four nights kitchen area spent two nights light sleeper few minutes walk hiking trails ski trip
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

Stayed in these Cabins for 6 nights as part of a longer trip to America and Canada. As all the reviews say the location is second to none. Everything was spotless with comfy beds and crisp linen. I appreciate that the owner wants to keep the style and heritage of the cabins authentic. However the wooden furniture was very scratched and the Sofa stained if this was updated it would have been more comfortable overall we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2018

We stayed at the Banff Beaver Cabins in May 2018. The Lynx cabin is a small, quaint cabin suitable for a single person or a couple. It had everything we needed with a kitchenette (mini fridge, microwave, sink, crockery and cutlery). The cabin was very clean and well appointed, including linens. Located very close to the town center, restaurants and within walking distance of museums and other Banff historic attractions.
Lake Louise is an easy day trip as are many other hiking trails. Off street parking is also a real plus!

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

Our Elk cabin was very cozy, clean and very close to the village centre.
Very comfy beds, lots of amenities. I have only positive things to say about our stay here :)
I would highly recommend the Beaver Cabins

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

Perfect spot and great value cabins to explore Banff. The cabins are a few minutes walk from the centre of Banff and about 100m from the ski bus.
Cabins have good heating, kitchen with fridge and off street parking. Highly recommend!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank drcompt
Reviewed March 6, 2018

My friend and I booked the Fox cabin for a ski trip. It’s perfect for two people that want their own rooms, although you do have to share a bathroom, which wasn’t a problem for us. This is an economical home base for activities in and around Banff.
In the Fox cabin, you are right off the main street of Banff (Banff Ave), so the location couldn’t be any better, really. You’re minutes away from shopping and dining, and 40 minutes’ drive from Lake Louise, and about 20-30 minutes away from Sunshine Village. There is a parking spot reserved for each cabin, and ours happened to be immediately outside my bedroom window.

The Fox cabin is a bit cramped in the bedrooms and bathroom, but the living area is fine, especially when being used as a home base for outdoor activities such as skiing/snowboarding, or hiking/sightseeing. The bed consumes most of each room, but in one bedroom there is a luggage “bench” and a small closet, while in the other is a luggage rack, a chest of drawers and an overhead rack. My main complaints about the bedrooms, even more than their lack of space, is grossly inadequate power. There is one power outlet in each room, and in one room, one of the plugs is used by a headboard lamp, and in the other, the entire outlet is consumed by a headboard lamp and an alarm clock. I can’t speak for my friend’s bed, but mine was not comfortable. The mattress needs to be either flipped or replaced - it was almost like sleeping on a hammock.

The bathroom is small, but there are plenty of towels and a glass shelf over the sink for toiletry storage. With such a small shower stall, larger folks will have trouble moving around, but there is some great soap included from the Rocky Mountain Soap company. The lone switch in the bathroom is for both a light and exhaust fan that operate simultaneously.

The kitchenette is perfect for this cabin, and the provided plates and cutlery are adequate. You also have a less-than-full but not dorm-room refrigerator, microwave and toaster at your disposal. I don’t know if the cabin includes air conditioning, but from the looks of the thermostat, I doubt it. However, the furnace works like a champ and there is plenty of hot water, at least for two people. There is a air tower in the living area which I assume is for summer comfort, but we used it as a boot dryer for our ski trip. My only real complaint about the living area is the cable television and WiFi. At times, the WiFi would drop connections and offer nothing more than weak, small bandwidth. At other times it was just fine. The cable TV is laughably bad. Not only is the television not HD, but the cable package is so sparse that almost nothing can be watched. We must have gone through a couple of dozen channels (at least) only to see they were not included in the current subscription. After a long day on a snowboard, evening shopping in town and a nice dinner, I wanted to watch hockey (or at least SOMETHING aside from WGN Chicago), but channel after channel is “not included”. If I were the owner, I’d either drop the TV as an amenity of the cabin, or pony up for a decent cable package. The current state is a big tease.

Overall, despite some weaknesses (some easily corrected), the Fox cabin in the Banff Beaver Cabin collection is a nice choice for active people using Banff as a home base for a vacation due to its location, but I wouldn’t recommend it for people wanting to stay in or near the cabin for extended periods while in town.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled with friends