“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Banff Beaver Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Banff
Banff Beaver Cabins
You added Banff Beaver Cabins to your Saves list
Ranked #6 of 18 Specialty Lodging in Banff
Brisbane, Australia
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have been meaning to write this review for quite some time. My boyfriend and I lived in the Bear Cabin for about 3.5 months between February and May 2012 before having to say goodbye to Banff. Calling Laura and Llyod after seeing their availability ad in the newspaper was the best decision we made during our time in Canada. The perfect location, right near Banff Avenue. We both found great jobs that we could walk to within 5 minutes (great for when there was lots of snow!!!) and we were even closer to where the ski slope buses collected people from. Laura really looked after us and even provided us with use of a vehicle when my parents visited. It was the perfect space for us and it was great to have a warm, cosy cabin to come home to every day. Our trip would not have been nearly as wonderful without the hospitality of Banff Beaver Cabins and I am so grateful for the wonderful memories I have of Banff. Thank you Laura and Llyod. Hopefully we can visit you again one day! Genna and Adam.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Genna A

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Christiansburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have been in the hospitality industry for 28 years, so I am particular about good hospitality and with my dicerning eye, I tend to see things others don't. We recently stayed at the Banff Beaver Cabins and I have nothing but good things to say. They were clean and quiet and in a great location convenient to town, less than a 5 minute walk. The units are equipped with a mini kitchen and table and chairs for outdoor seating. The owners provide homemade granola, milk, coffee, creamer and sweetner on arrival. Each morning hot buns are prepared and served with homemade jams and fruit. In the afternoon, homemade cookies and tea are served to the guests. It was really like being a guest in someone's home, Laura was immediately welcoming and eager to provide anything needed. the hospitaity and customer service were exceptional and I highly recomment them. The value for price paid was very good. What a gem! I marked everything excellent which may seem fishy, but it is how I honestly feel.

Room Tip: The cabins are cozy, so if a little extra room is important to you, study them carefull to pick one...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
11 Thank LaurieBond
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed in the Gopher Suite for 5 nights in August 2012. Being in the basement, we were worried it would be dark but it wasn't, and it actually meant our suite was shielded from the sun so it was great coming back to a cool and airy suite after a day in the sun.

Loved our stay at Banff Beaver Cabins and we were very sad to leave.

Great location for Banff National Park - within driving distance of most of the main walks, mountains and 'attractions' (e.g. hot springs).

Laura, the hostess, was really helpful giving us a map of Banff and a few hints of where we might want to go - enough information to get us started but also leaving us to discover a few things for ourselves which we really appreciated.

It was great to be able to come "home" to our own suite and collapse after a day of walking.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank H_UK37
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed in the Lynx cabin for three days this August. Laura and Lloyd are great hosts. The cabin had many amenities tucked away for our use. Sitting outside at our little table in the evenings was the best. In talking to other travelers at restaurants about our stay in the cabin, many seemed to be jealous! Located across a parking lot from Banff Street and all the stores and restaurants it was convenient, yet very quite. Fresh rolls with jam and fresh fruit in a bowl every morning got us ready to go out. In the evenings Laura had fresh baked cookies with tea on the picnic table. I look forward to returning to Banff and will stay with our new Canadian friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank KathyD2012
El Dorado Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and 12 year old son stayed here for 3 days in July, 2012. We stayed in the Bear cabin which is one of the smaller ones but perfect for a couple or family with one child. The home made buns, jam and fruit were an excellent plus. Also, milk for you coffee is put in your refrigerator daily. The kitched was extremely well equiped with micro, hotplate, teapot, coffee maker and refrigerator (full size). The beds were very comfy and the internet was blazing! The only drawback is there is no outlet in the bathroom (at least in Bear Cabin) but I wasn't blowdrying my hair anyway so it wasn't a big deal and the parking is a bit tight but we managed even with our Toyota Tacoma. The bear cabin is connected to another one but we heard no noise from the neighbors. The location is ideal in that it is walking distance to downtown so you don't need to drive. The hosts are very friendly and even gave my son cookies that she was baking that were for later that afternoon. I highly recommend Banff Beaver Cabins. It was one of the less expensive places to stay in Banff and I don't understand why anyone would stay anywhere else. It was extremely clean, and believe me I am very picky.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Madeleine V
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Had a really relaxed time here. Host Laura was helpful, friendly and very easy to chat with. We stayed in the bear cabin. Most comfortable and clean bed and a well equipped kitchen. Worth every penny.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank 150singh8
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I can't say enough to recommend Banff Beaver Cabins. We stayed in the Lynx, a cozy cabin that was super clean and well equipped with a t.v., microwave, coffee maker, and all the kitchen utensils we needed (and more). Complimentary tea, coffee, milk was always available. The hosts, Laura and Lloyd were friendly and helpful and made us feel right at home. While staying at the Lynx, we enjoyed home made granola, freshly baked buns, home made jam, and chocolate chip cookies! We also had the use of a BBQ and a patio which was great after a day of hiking. This Bed and Breakfast definitely deserves a 5 star rating!

Room Tip: We enjoyed staying at the Lynx but it is definitely cozy. For a longer stay, a couple might want to...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple