“Brewsters Trail ride excursion” 5 of 5 bubbles

Alberta Transfer: Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise, Calgary and Kananaskis
Toronto, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Brewsters Trail ride excursion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

By far the most memorable trip riding horseback through the Canadian Rockies. Although it was a few years ago, we both agree that it is our favorite trip. Since then I have travelled throughout SE Asia and saw many sights, but this trip still tops them all. Gorgeous scenery, great weather, friendly staff and cowboys, quiet, calm serene environment, good food, cabin lodgings, grizzly and animal sightings aplenty.

scenic, memorable, challenging....memories still put a smile on my face. love love this trip! so glad we went. just stretch your leg muscles prior to riding the horses. My knees were wrecked holding on around this animals rounded rib cage.

Lori

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Lori t

Winnipeg, Canada
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“A fun evening out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Delicious drinks, delicious dinner.
The gondola was a good time, with a nice walk at the top. Saw some mountain goats also.

Visited May 2013
Canberra, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A great ride with a lovely company!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a wonderful time today on horseback with Brewster Adventures. I am a nervous rider after a nasty fall about 4 years ago (this was my first time riding since) and the horses were very slow and careful and didn't spook once.

We were alone with our guide Sarah who was such a lovely young lady and gave us lots of info on the surroundings and also a good deal of info on the horses and their lives. Once we got to the back of the lake, Sarah took a photo of us on the horses with the amazing backdrop.

A great experience especially when too cold to hike to the back of the lake!

If your thinking of doing it, do!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Devon_Kat11
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Helped make a dream come true”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My mom has MS and has difficulty walking and very little energy. She had always wanted to go to the tea house at Lake Agnes, but unfortunately never made it and then this horrible, stupid disease struck her, so she thought she would never get to see it. I thought horseback might be a way to make her dream come true. Finally, our schedules lined up and the weather was supposed to cooperate, so we went up on Sunday, August 25.

We went for the 9 am ride. There was supposed to be one other, but they didn't show, so we got a private ride. Our guide, Ryan, was absolutely awesome. My mom was having difficulty getting on the horse, and one other guide who was there started being a total downer suggesting if she's having difficulty getting on the horse, she won't be able to do this. I had been saddled up first, so couldn't really go help. However, Ryan helped swing my mom's leg up and over the horse to make sure she could at least sit on the horse and determine if she was up for this herself. She got up, and she was.

The ride was really nice going through the forest and up the mountain. I had hiked it the previous year, so it was a little different experience on horseback. Its funny how many people will just stare at you in amazement that you're on a horse and take pictures of you. We got to the top, and Ryan help us off our horses. He was very patient with my mom who had a bit of a struggle getting off the horse as you do still use leg muscles as your riding, so she was a little beat. He saw she would need some extra time, and told us to take more time at the top. I had asked specifically if we would have enough time for tea, as that's what my mom had wanted. He gave it to us. After getting my mom up the stairs (some difficulty as there is a relatively long path after you dismount the horses) she saw Lake Agnes, which is stunningly beautiful for anyone, but for someone who never thought they would get to see it in their life, I can't even fathom putting how it must look to them into words.

We were a little late getting back down, however, Ryan was extremely understanding knowing how much energy my mom had exerted getting there. He seemed more than happy to be able to help. With my help, we got my mom back onto the horse easily with no problems (take that, pessimistic cowboy at the stable) and rode back down.

The only thing that would have improved this is if they gave you an hour at Lake Agnes. It is so beautiful and you can't really take it all in in just a few minutes. I felt bad that I had to rush my mom through it and it would have been really nice if we could have just sat there to rest and admire the beauty, however, I do understand that the stable has afternoon rides to offer as well.

I would like to give a special thank you to Ryan, because if it weren't for his patience, understanding, and help, my mom's dream may have never come true and you helped make it all happen and I am truly grateful.

Visited August 2013
7 Thank Kevin T
Nova Scotia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A wonderful ride in a beautiful place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Sarah, my guide, took me out on a two hour ride to the end of Lake Louise. We chatted the whole time, she gave lots of information about the land and the glaciers, the animals and the habitats. I was very comfortable and enjoyed it completely! If you go, ask for Sarah from Ontario, if she is still there!

Visited August 2013