“A wonderful ride in a beautiful place!”

Brewster Adventures
Mountain Lakes and Waterfalls Day Trip from Banff
$109.62*
Banff City Sightseeing Tour
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Sarah, my guide, took me out on a two hour ride to the end of Lake Louise. We chatted the whole time, she gave lots of information about the land and the glaciers, the animals and the habitats. I was very comfortable and enjoyed it completely! If you go, ask for Sarah from Ontario, if she is still there!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We did the lakehead ride at Lake Louise on July 27, which took about 1.5-2 hrs. The stables are located next to the Chateau Lake Louise. The scenery is stunning, the staff was friendly, and I really enjoyed the ride.

I would've ranked this a 5, but I had 2 minor issues with the trip. First, the trail goes mainly through the woods, not right along the lake. Apparently they want to keep the lakeside trail clean for the hikers. Previous reviews on this company talked about this, so I expected it. The horseback trail doesn't join the lake until you reach the lakehead, but it kind of makes up for it because the scenery is so beautiful. Second, we really wanted a group photo on horseback with Lake Louise in the background. We asked a couple of times, and the staff sort of brushed us off, saying maybe they could if there's time. Apparently there wasn't time, although they took a group photo back at the stables (with woods in the background). Not quite the same as having Lake Louise in the background. On previous trail rides elsewhere, the guide was more than willing to take group photos.

That being said, I would definitely recommend this trip. It was a great experience, seeing this iconic area on horseback!

1  Thank Sydne S
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is not for the fainthearted but for those who go, you will create amazing memories you will never forget. We were a group of 2 couples the girls being riders the men were not in fact they were not even that keen on horses. Little if no riding experience is necessary although handy not to be nervous. The horses know exactly what they are doing and if you relax they will do all all that needs to be done. Kevin & Lacey from the Brewster family welcomed us on the first couple of days they were most accomodating & friendly before handing us over to the capable hands of our trail guide - Ron & his beautiful, well mannered partner - Tazzie the australian sheepdog On my part I would have liked more freedom in the riding but it was for sound reasons that I was made behave myself by Ron who had to keep me in my place (my husband would agree this is totally necessary....men!)
We did a 3 night trail ride which in total probably covering about a total of 20hrs riding and about the same or a bit more in kilometres. On our second day we say a black bear, a wolf &, wild horses pretty amazing. We also saw deers and an elk & baby over the days. We always stopped in some lovely spots for lunch, tied up the horses & ate our yummy pack lunch lovingly prepared by Ron. I could give a blow by blow account but would just bore you so if you have ever fancied being getting a taste of cowboy (or little house on the prairie) lifestyle this is for you, The peace and tranquility and scenery is second to none. You sleep like a log even though our lovely horses do the hard work. Yes there are some aches but we are all around 50 so if we can do it so can you! Ron makes smashing food - lunch & dinner he saddles up the horses prepares the pack horses and leads us through the varied terrain safely. This is a holiday you will never forget and although we spent a total of 3 wks in Alberta & BC we were unanimous in that this was the highlight of our holiday. Even the men grew fond of their steeds but I have to say my boy was best - Spam - he was just as cheeky as me & I was thrilled to bits when I bumped into Spam again a few days later in our stopover at Lake Louise (another beautiful place you must visit) Where Brewsters do a half day ride excursion up to the Lake Agnes tea house (it is quite a walk up to that lake so by horseback sounds like the best idea to me). All I can say is do it you wont regret it nor will you forget it.

3  Thank cbelle13
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Used Brewsters Moutain Pack to take a sleigh ride to the other side of lake Louise.. A comfortable ride and a great view. To our suprise when we reached the end of the trail, and had to turn around there were ice climbers scaling a huge frozen chunk of ice (see pics attached..), we ended up watching for a few minutes while the horses rested and we streched our legs..
Worth the time to go .. very relaxing.. and a different view of the lake and mounatains ..

1  Thank Fiumes61
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We have now taken the horse drawn sleigh ride in Lake Louise twice, once during the day and this year we took the evening ride. Great fun, and the guides made the trip that much more special.
The ride took us down the south side of Lake Louise towards the glaciers and waterfalls at the one end of the lake, the stars were beautiful and we enjoyed the beauty and solitude of the evening. We highly recommend this tour attraction to anyone.
The staff and ease of booking this tour and the value of the ride added to the enjoyment of this great winter experience. Thanks to the staff of Brewster's.

1  Thank Russ M