“Beautiful course” 4 of 5 bubbles

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Beautiful course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Very scenic and interesting course with updated restaurant, stylish clubhouse. Great service, very classy

Visited June 2013

Shalimar, Florida, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nice Course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Played a morning round early Saturday July 14th. I called Friday afternoon and they told me to show up and they would get me on. I left the wife in the hotel to sleep late and arrived at 7:45AM in a taxi. The fare was $10 from town.

I was anticipating popping in for an early morning breakfast before the tee but was dismayed
to find the nice restaurant did not open till 11:00 AM. No muffins or rolls or toast. They did have coffee tho. If you are planning breakfast here you may want to call ahead and check the restaurant hours.

I checked in and rented a really nice full set of Titlest AP1 irons and woods. Neither the greens fee nor the rentals were cheap, but then I was playing on a Saturday morning in high season, so that was expected. Outside was a medium sized range along with a nice practice putting green.

I was soon off the first tee with a local high school player. He was a good golfer and
like everyone else I met on PEI, a really nice guy. He gave me pointers along the way
which definitely helped. This is like many courses where local knowledge will save you strokes,
so don't hesitate to play with one of the regulars if you need an extra.

The course was fun, in very good condition because of recent rains and not too difficult. I was on vacation so it fit the bill perfectly and was 30 miles closer than Crowbush. I shot a good score (for me) and went back to the hotel happy. I would not hesitate to play Fox Meadow again, especially if transportation and time are an issue.

Prince Edward Island
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“It's a bit of a resort course, but very pleasant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

It's a great course for those who visit Charlottetown on a cruise ship and want a golf game nearby. Beautiful views of the Charlottetown Harbour and a rolling green landscape, and you're not likely to lose a lot of balls because the fairways are wide and reasonable for the average golfer.

Big bonus: Atlantic Lure restaurant is located in the clubhouse and it's one of the better eating spots on P.E.I. A pleasing round of golf on a nice course, and a good meal. Hard to beat it.

Halifax, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“great course near Charlottetown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Found this course while sightseeing on the back roads and fell in love with it. The people who work there and golf there are extremely welcoming. We liked it so much that we went back again two days later to golf again before we went home.