“Not bad”

Phinley's Diner
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Stratford
Cuisines: Diner, Canadian
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Good family restaurant in Stratford. Located accross the street from Sobeys.

Great selection of food. Fast service. They won the contrat for the best burger in PEI in 2013 I think. It's still on the menu.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We went on the recommendation of our son to try The Smokin' Fox, 2013 winner of PEI Burger Love - the three that tried it thought it was great, but huge!

We also tried another burger and some breakfast items. Everything was very tasty and came quite quickly. Yummy fries too.

My only criticism was that our table could have been cleaned when we were finished eating - we wanted to sit and visit and it wasn't nice doing so over dirty dishes.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We went there for lunch we ordered a burger with oinon rings. The short haired waitress took our order then went to the front desk where she sat for about 35 min. She brought us our order, our onion rings were cold and our burgers was barely warm. Hailed down a waiter, who took my burger off of my plate and put it on a napkin. He took the plate into the kitchen, mean while I'm sitting there with no plate just a napkin to eat off of. The girl comes to the table and asks if everything was okay. I'm sitting here eating off of a napkin I tell her my onion rings were cold she say okay and walks away! What kind of service is that!!!
The issue that sealed the deal was when I received my onion rings there was a pubic stuck to an onion ring!!!
We threw the cash for the bill on the table and left.
" Makes me sick to think about what I ate in my burger."

This place should be inspected.

1  Thank Banshee1Luv
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Best clams and chips I have had in years best service too we will be making this a regular place to go

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had my first meal at Phinley's earlier this year. I wanted to try last years winning Burger Love burger. Unfortunately it wasn't on the menu. I ended up getting another burger, which was ok, but not the one I really wanted. (I found out afterward that they did still sell the Burger Love burger, so I'm not sure why the waitress didn't recommend it when I ordered, oh well).

Overall the service was ok, we had to wait for refills. The food was just ok. I think if I ever go back, I'll try the breakfast. I hear they do a good breakfast there.

1  Thank Pam B