The Crossing Resort
Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets(Banff)(Great Value!)
$152
$145
Fox Hotel & Suites(Banff)(Great Value!)
$234
$217
Hotels.com
Hidden Ridge Resort(Banff)(Great Value!)
$217
$193
Fairmont Banff Springs(Banff)
$387
  • Restaurant
Banff Aspen Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$256
$218
$320
$263
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise(Lake Louise)
$742
$495
Fairmont.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsremote locationbed was comfortablecolumbia icefieldstayed nightscanadian rockieswi finothing fancysteakpeyto lakebuffet breakfastbanff jasperfit the billevery directionlittle priceygrocery storehighwaysupper
Reviewed June 25, 2009

Located just north of the junctions of Hwys 11 and 93 this is the only accommodation for a long way. Also on site is a fuel station, pub, gift shop, cafeteria, dining room and (very restricted) food shop. Letting rooms are located in a number of single storey wooden blocks with external decking area shared with neighbour.

Reception was very pleasant and helpful. Our room was simple, comfortably furnished with two comfortable beds, two chairs and a desk. There was reasonable drawer and hanging (poor selection of hangers) space. Lighting was limited. The bathroom was adequate and well supplied with good towels. Everything was very clean.

In general this provided simple, comfortable quiet accommodation in an isolated area of the Icefields Parkway and was quite acceptable. Prices are high for what yiou get but this facility (open for only half the year) in this isolated location is expensive to run.

Apparently local wildlife often frequents the site, including bears. One young black bear seems to perform night patrols and enjoys creeping up on the security officer.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wasleys
Reviewed March 4, 2009

I stay there quite often and love to have a drink in the Pub and eat in the Dining Room. I don't mind grilling my own steak at the BBQ pit in the pub, but hate to miss the fantastic buffet in the Dining room. Dukan, the head of maintenance can be the most fun if he gets going in the pub. While the rooms are smaller, I do like the cabin feel you get from them. They are always clean and comfortable. Mothers Day is one weekend you should book far in advance because it books up fast. That is a great weekend as they have the lobster fest then and everyone is in party mode.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank crichar1
Reviewed October 10, 2008

Accommodation is limited on the Icefields Parkway and you have to drive a long way to find anywhere else to rest your head for the night. The Crossing takes advantage of this and as a result everything is overpriced, especially the fuel. We first stayed here 13 years ago and it looked as though the rooms hadn't been updated since then. You can't beat the location, but you have to put up with very basic, dated motel accommodation.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Colin S
Reviewed September 2, 2008

While this hotel is set in a lovely setting ... thats all it has going for it.
The rooms were old with the wallpaper falling off our wall. The beds were old and hard and I could write my name on the dust on the TV... nobody would have a shower!!!!
Our family room for the three of us was just bigger than the two beds with a small loveseat stuffed into the corner.Other than one suitcase rack there was no place to put our baggage. Outside the deck was rotting in front of our room. They allow no cooking in the rooms and have no fridge or coffeemaker. They do offer a gazebo outside for guests to bbq in if you have your own but there is only a plastic table in there. The spa and hot tub were out of order.There is an onsite cafeteria and diningroom. The prices were crimminal to say the least.
Keep driving and avoid this overpriced place if you can!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank GayleEdmonton
Reviewed August 13, 2008

This is the 4th time I have stayed here because the location is ideal - halfway up the Icefields Parkway, but oh dear what a change! I was given a family room for myself, but it was so small , I am very pleased there were not 4 of us in that space. There was hanging space for clothes, but no drawers and very little floor space for a suitcase. There is no fridge or coffee maker like many motels provide. I was also upset to be told the hot tub was broken. The bathroom could have been cleaner. The shower head certainly needs cleaning. The glasses were streaky and when I complained about this. I was told "We use well water here and it always dries streaky, but they are clean" It didn't look it!!! When I returned for my 2nd night, the room had not been made, no clean towels, etc I complained and was told that I had not asked for the room to be done! I didn't think I needed to ask! The food in the self-service restaurant was poor and expensive. I ordered fish & fries. I asked what kind of fish they used. "Well its fish" they replied ! When it came the fish was hot, but the fries were cold. I took them back. The cutlery also looked streaky. More "well water" I suppose. I wrote out a list of my complaints and spoke to the manager. She apologised and gave me a reduction. This place is just very expensive and yet is the cheapest on the Parkway. Finally, do not buy your gas here. At the time I stayed, gas in Field was $1.37, Lake Louise $1.43, and the Crossing $1.66. I then drove to Rocky Mountain House where it was only $1.28 Check your fuel as the next place north is Jasper.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo