The Crossing Resort
$203
$144
Rundlestone Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
$125
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
$107
$101
Elk + Avenue Hotel(Banff)(Great Value!)
$132
$380
$358
  • Restaurant
$81
$72
Agoda.com
Tunnel Mountain Resort(Banff)(Great Value!)
$116
Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets(Banff)(Great Value!)
$117
$113
Orbitz.com
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise(Lake Louise)
$512
$350
  • Restaurant
All reviewsremote locationbed was comfortablecolumbia icefieldstayed nightscanadian rockieswi finothing fancysteakpeyto lakebuffet breakfastbanff jasperfit the billevery directionlittle priceygrocery storehighwaysupper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My stay here was ruined by two things. Firstly, the manager was extremely rude on arrival and secondly, I twisted my knee when the decking broke due to rotten timber and I again found the manager to be extremely rude and a liar to boot. Both these events offset what was otherwise a superb location in the centre of the Ice-fields Parkway.

The saving grace to my stay was the wonderful location - an evening in the quiet and solitude of the rockies is to be cherished, the concern of the owner - such a contrast to his manager, and the refund I received for the inconvenience of a twisted knee and a day of throbbing pain.

The rooms were very clean and comfy. But lacked facilities I have found commonplace on my travels so far in North America. No wifi, just $7.20 per hour in the office. No drink making facilities, just use our cafe. Given the price, the tired nature of the venue - it needs some urgent maintenance of its decking - and the rudeness of the manager, I did not find this good value for money. There are plenty of older style venues out there that deliver where The Crossing falls down. It takes full advantage of its unique and fabulous location.

But if you want somewhere halfway between Lake Louise and Jasper, in a great location, where you can't be distracted by emails and Facebook, and which is comfy try The Crossing. But don't expect 3 or 4 star.

I know I am harsh in this review. But when you travel a welcome greeting is just so important. Falling through the decking just added to my negative feeling.

I did leave The Crossing with the feeling that the owner was very disappointed with my negative experience and he was very apologetic and concerned his venue did not come up to expectations. The manager did apologise for her rudeness as I left, but her apology felt half hearted and not sincere.

Room Tip: All rooms have fabulous views. Those facing south are better, but the back ones are ok and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Redknight382
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Had a one night stay at The Crossing, a perfect location if your planning a 2 day trip down the Icefield Parkway. The room was clean and quiet with a comfy bed and great views of the surrounding mountains. Although a little small the rooms were well appointed and perfectly suited to this rustic location. Check out the cool Pub next door, great deck with views and you can barbecue your own meal on the indoor barby. This place has a number of services such as gas, grocery, restaurant and liquor store.
Great place to stay if you want to experience the Rockies without rushing.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank embassy101
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stopped off here for one night on the way between Banff and Jasper. The staff were very friendly and helpful to get us a room. I wasn't expecting the bear warning though!! The lot was really nice and there are great facilities. The rooms were pretty small though and dark, we were unlucky and had a thunderstorm during the night so didn't sleep all that well with rain battering off the roof! Breakfast was so-so but the view you get whilst eating more than made up for that!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ayrshire_lass85
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The staff at The Crossing were pleasant and very helpful. The hotel was clean and perfectly located. We did not want to rush our drive down the Icefield Parkway so this hotel was just right. We had read previous posts and as a consequence were not expecting much. We were very pleased to find that our room was spotless and quite comfortable. We also enjoyed our dinner in the Pub. An added bonus for us was being able to use the laundry.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wombat050
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This was a really good hotel. We got quite a good walk in rate. The rooms were really clean. The wildlife wandering around outside was great - look out for the Elk checking out our room.
The buffet breakfast was OK. Would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family