My stay here was ruined by two things. Firstly, the manager was extremely rude on arrival and secondly, I twisted my knee when the decking broke due to rotten timber and I again found the manager to be extremely rude and a liar to boot. Both these events offset what was otherwise a superb location in the centre of the Ice-fields Parkway.
The saving grace to my stay was the wonderful location - an evening in the quiet and solitude of the rockies is to be cherished, the concern of the owner - such a contrast to his manager, and the refund I received for the inconvenience of a twisted knee and a day of throbbing pain.
The rooms were very clean and comfy. But lacked facilities I have found commonplace on my travels so far in North America. No wifi, just $7.20 per hour in the office. No drink making facilities, just use our cafe. Given the price, the tired nature of the venue - it needs some urgent maintenance of its decking - and the rudeness of the manager, I did not find this good value for money. There are plenty of older style venues out there that deliver where The Crossing falls down. It takes full advantage of its unique and fabulous location.
But if you want somewhere halfway between Lake Louise and Jasper, in a great location, where you can't be distracted by emails and Facebook, and which is comfy try The Crossing. But don't expect 3 or 4 star.
I know I am harsh in this review. But when you travel a welcome greeting is just so important. Falling through the decking just added to my negative feeling.
I did leave The Crossing with the feeling that the owner was very disappointed with my negative experience and he was very apologetic and concerned his venue did not come up to expectations. The manager did apologise for her rudeness as I left, but her apology felt half hearted and not sincere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crossing Resort is family owned resort and located midway on the Icefields Parkway within 30 minutes of most major Attractions. Full services on site such as 3 dining venues a Pub, Gas Station, General store and Gift,Guest Center and Fitness Center. Check our website for our great Hike & Attraction packages ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Crossing Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crossing Hotel Lake Louise
- Crossing Resort Lake Louise
- Crossing Hotel Lake Louise
- The Crossing Resort Banff National Park, Canada - Alberta