“My favourite Alberta highway”
Review of Icefields Parkway

Icefields Parkway Sidecar Ride and Champagne Helicopter Flight
$32.95*
Glacier Skywalk Admission
More attraction details
Owner description: Scenic highway cutting through breathtakingly beautiful mountain passes.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The scenery cannot be beat in my opinion. Wildlife abounds, I've spotted moose, bear, elk and deer. The winter drive is the most breathtaking but keep in mind this road is often closed due to weather conditions.

3  Thank lorna f
There are newer reviews for Icefields Parkway

Reviewed January 16, 2013

WOW... words can not describe what a beautiful drive that this is. I only wish that I had taken more time to take this wonderful drive. It is simply amazing!!! I took many stops along the way to take photos. This is one of the best drives in Canada... it is a must!!!

1  Thank May S
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have driven the parkway many times in all sorts of weather but not for many years. As always, the views took my breath away. I had a visitor from another country with me, first time in our parks, and he was awe-struck by the beauty of the drive. The highway was at time snow-packed, at times bare, but there was hardly any traffic and no problems. There are long stretches of road without signage, and after a change of plan, we actually got onto the wrong road and were heading to BC before we knew it! So double check your bearings and maps! But don't miss out on the drive, even if you only go halfway and exit at Saskatchewan River Crossing...the mountains seem more spectacular than you will see right in Banff or Jasper.

4  Thank DLCAlberta
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Highly informative, educational and unique (for us as South Africans). We did not have too much time to explore the The Icefields Information Centre as we arrived just in time to get one of the last snowcoach tours for the day, up and onto the glacier. Although expensive we saved a small amount by buying a combo-ticket to do the Sulphur Mntn Gondola ride in Banff, and the Icefields tour. Highlight was the unique 'vehicle' custom built for these rides, and the incredibly personal, personable and informative tour guide in our snowcoach. Other highlight was walking around, in icy weather, feeling like intrepid (fake!) explorers. Great photos. Visibility was poor by our standards but they assured us it was good for them! Geographically-speaking a must see, and a superb experience.

8  Thank SeadogCapeTown
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We drove from the Lake Louise campsite in the early morning and enjoyed the view and drive along the way to Jasper NP. Don't miss the hike at the Parker Ridge trail just before the Icefield center. A herd of big-horn sheep was spotted at the end of the trail. Another place to meet the wild animals is along the driveway to the Maligne Lake in Jasper NP. Other highlights include Peyto Lake, Bow lake, Saskatchewan glacier, Mt. Edith Cavell and Athabasca Falls. It's been a long day since we have to head back to Lake Louise. The sunset at the Icefileds Parkway is awesome!

6  Thank Pipilin