“Best ski resort In North America ” 5 of 5 bubbles

$32.13*
and up
Lake Louise Winter Wildlife Snowshoe Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Spectacular scenery awaits at Lake Louise with uniquely beautiful terrain that is both vast and varied. Located in the heart of majestic, historic Banff National Park, Lake Louise is truly legendary and offers the world's finest terrain. With 4200 skiable acres, Lake Louise is one of the largest ski areas in North America.
Calgary, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Best ski resort In North America ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I am a avid skier and have travelled all around North America I'm search for some of the best terrain and I still end up loving my home mountain Lake Louise. The terrain is endless and it takes weeks to get tired of the mountain. Lots of areas for the whole family.

• Czech first
  • Korean first
London, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Take me back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

This is an amazing ski resort. Ample terrain and even on the weekend it does not feel busy. I was blessed with beautiful weather but I hear it can be quite chilly sometimes. Dress in layers as there is ample room in the lodge to store your stuff if you get too hot. There is limited selection on mountain for food. I recommend hitting the grocery store in Banff and bringing your own food along as they have microwaves available for you to use in the lodge.
Their ski friends program is fabulous. It runs twice a day 10 till 12 and 115 till 3:15. The host tour you all over the mountain and are knowledgeable in the terrain and friendly and social. I highly recommend it to anyone skiing alone especially if you're inclined to ski the black runs or bowls where you might get yourself into trouble. There are a few areas they cannot take you into however. Alex and Allen were excellent hosts who were happy to point out more challenging terrain to explore after the tour.
Coming from Banff on the bus is a long ride- pack breakfast for the bus if your incline to prefer to sleep until the shuttle arrives.
The mountain is expansive - you can't ski it all in a day.

Cambridge
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“Gods front garden!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

If you drive up to Lake Louise from Banff, make sure its a sunny morning. It is one of the all time great jaw dropping scenes that will stay in your mind forever.
The best thing about skiing in Lake Louise though is the Hosts, they will take you out free of charge at 10am and 1pm every day. I introduced some locals to the service they were astonished at how great it made the day. I'm thrilled every time I go there, I managed two days this year but that was the first time back since 2012. Its not huge by mega Euro resorts standards, but its got nearly everything. A great place to lean to ski with a good English speaking ski school and a terrific lodge to meet all your chums at lunch. The Roast Beef in Mini Yorkshires are good (without the cheese). Tip: You can buy lift tickets at Costco in Calgary for $120 for two days.

2 Thank DrLawn
Issaquah, Washington
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Love Lake Louise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

We skied Lake Louise for 2 days and it was the highlight of our 5 day Banff trip from Seattle. Best snowboarding ever! I'm a novice beginner and signed up for for a morning group lesson on my 1st day. The magic carpet was the best beginner run that I've ever seen. Long and wide, and I felt I had enough space to practice. There were only 2 people in the level 3 class (myself included) and I had the opportunity to practice my turns, traversing down the hill and linking turns. After that class, I was ready for the Wiwaxy run. The views from the top are AMAZING!!! Absolutely stunning! The green runs are longer than other runs I've encountered at other ski areas, but I took breaks when my legs were burning. The traffic down the hill was very light and at times, I felt like I had the whole run to myself. This was the best snowboarding experience for me. I hope to return one day.

Banff, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I Love Lake Louise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Excellent ski hill for people of all ages and skill levels. I personally spend most of my time the backside because it is less busy and there is tons of powder. The back bowls were amazing. I went during Christmas week and the front side was really busy. The lines were super long but on the backside there were no lines. If you can ski the backside I would definitely recommend going there. I love it there!