WINNER WONDERLAND

$42.36*
and up
Lake Louise Night Snowshoe Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Spectacular scenery awaits at Lake Louise with uniquely beautiful terrain that is both vast and varied. Located in the heart of majestic, historic Banff National Park, Lake Louise is truly legendary and offers the world's finest terrain. With 4200 skiable acres, Lake Louise is one of the largest ski areas in North America.
Kensington, Maryland
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 159 helpful votes
“LOVED IT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I'm not sure if I just lucked out with the weather (snow every day), but I absolutely loved Lake Louise. I had read a number of iffy reviews on it and had friends tell me it is icy, but the runs were great with lots of powder when I was there. I'm a snowboarder and nothing makes me more annoyed than having to unstrap and skate uphill. I did not have to do that at all at Lake Louise. The runs were very long. The area overall reminded me of a scaled-down version of Whistler. I'm not much for grooming of runs, so the fact that they don't groom every run did not bother me. There are only a few chairs, but there are many runs, if that gives you any sense of how cool the place is. From the top of each chair you can taking on greens-blacks. As a boarder, I am also deathly afraid of chair lifts, but the Grizzly Gondola goes up high enough that I have a few choices of directions in which to go where I could go all the way back to the base without every touching a chair lift. Food was pricey and not particularly varied. They could use a few more lodges on the hill to make it more of a "world-class resort." But, overall, if your goal is to ski or board all day long and not be bothered by having to wait in lift lines, this is the place to be. I stayed in Banff and got the "SkiBig3" ticket with the free bus pass. This was very convenient as the bus picked up 1 block from my hotel and took about 45 minutes-1 hour to get to Lake Louise each day I went (I did 3 days at LL and 1 at Sunshine). On my last day we got quite a bit of snow during the day and there were cars and trucks flying off the highway left and right, so I was glad that I was not driving some rental car. I mostly boarded during the week, but did go out on Sunday. It was definitely more crowded Sunday, but they seemed to keep the lift lines going pretty well.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank TammyS3

• Czech first
  • Korean first
St. Pete Beach, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent time...best ski experience ever...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Having skiied Lake Louise a few times - albeit around 15+ years ago was keen to take my 6 year daughter and wife for our holiday last week from Florida and well, needed some private lessons to get them started - only second time skiing for both. Arranged private lessons 3 hrs a day for 3 days with Ski Lake Louise in advance and arrived to check in effortlessly with very efficient and friendly staff....who informed us we would have Tom Bazley as instructor for the three days.

Honestly, not sure what standard the rest of the ski instructors are but have to say, Tom was in my opinion one of the most patient, skilled and had an excellent rapport with all of us, but our 6 yr old daughter in particular. And to think we had requested female instructor!!! In this regard thankful Ski School at Lake Louise could not fulfill our request!

My daughter immediately took immediately to Tom's fun, but challenging and gradually increasingly difficult lessons. Truly a professional that every ski instructor should measure themselves up to...not sure what more I can say...other than after two days on the "magic carpet" beginner slopes he had both my 6 yr and wife fearlessly and in total controi and form racing down the blue slopes at what is, one of the most incredible ski areas in the world. He was at the meeting point ready to go in advance of our even early arrival for the lesson each day so no time wasted and off we went.

I hope that the ski school at Ski Lake Louise take time to recognize Tom's absolute patience, professionalism and handling of the learning process in every aspect. And hopefully Tom is still available when we return next time - as we surely will - to move on with our training.

Overall the rental experience, ski lessons, locker rental and facilities are first rate at the mountain. Only slight negative is be prepared for busy area to find seating for eating lunch and suggest some more efficient ways to minimize lines for getting food from concessions (and varied options) -- granted it was weekend and lot of locals I could see brought their own which was clever and we learned to time outside peak 11 - 1 PM times following days and weekdays was not a problem.

Having said that, there were virtually no lines on slopes where it matters most and the conditions of the runs was excellent for early season skiing.

To Tom, and all the great staff at the Lake Louise ski school....HUGE thanks for making this incredibly memorable ski trip of a lifetime for us....see you again for certain!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Eric H
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Icy, but amazing potential”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Visited Lake Louise in early season. There were a large variety of runs open however conditions were quite average (understandable however for mid-november) The place is simply amazing: unreal views, size, variety of runs (steep bowls, chutes, wide open groomers, tree runs, bumps) and it wasnt busy at all. I will definitely be visiting again once there is more snow on the ground. If you visit anytime soon , expect a huge amount of uncovered rocks, wind-blown crap and icy runs. I would say give it a month or so. The food court is busy and unbelievably overpriced.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Paolo692
Calgary
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Still good as an old wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I used to go there quite often and loved it. This year I was there only once and still loved it. The only one thing that I do not like about this resort is the Ptarmigan chair which is quite slow and iffy. We had great weather. For the current conditions check their 7 webcams - this gives you a good overview of the conditions and what to expect when you get there (not that the weather can not change in 30min. but it is still good enough for us).

Visited March 2012
1 Thank northern_prairie
Clackamas, Oregon
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Icy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

I remember the slopes of Lake Louise being quite icy in the first curve out of the chair. But classic runs through the trees, with views across the valleys of the glaciers around the namesake lake, were worth expending leg strength to bite in the edges and stay upright to see.