“BEST Spring Skiing”

$25.59*
and up
Banff Sightseeing Chairlift
More attraction details
Owner description: Family-friendly Mt. Norquay offers outstanding conditions for beginner, intermediate and advanced skiers and riders. Since its opening in 1926, Mt. Norquay continues to be the locals’ gem. Famous for being the training ground of Olympic and World Cup athletes, and with excellent beginner terrain, everyone will love this small, family-friendly resort.
Sherwood Park
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“BEST Spring Skiing”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I just got back from taking my kids to Norquay for Easter skiing. I haven't been there for 15 years and was amazed at how much fun we had. I put both kids in lessons (beginner and intermediate) and was really impressed with everyone at their ski school. The instructors were amazing. My daughters instructpr Gabi really took her time with her and even sat down with her on the magic carpet. I'm happy to say she fell in love with skiing this weekend.

The runs were perfect for my son who is an intermediate skier. The snow and grooming were pefect. It was the best spring skiing I've ever had.

Great value for your skiing experience, and really great family skiing venue.

Last but not least, my kids loved the Easter egg hunt and chocolates. Thank you!

1 Thank sproseilo

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Tubing - the best fun with a spin!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I am 43, my husband 49 and our son 19...this is proof that your snow tubing is fun for all ages!!! We loved it and definitely will be back. I haven't screamed and laughed like that since I was a kid!

2 Thank RickandVicky
Alberta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Tubing was the highlight of our trip to Banff!!!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Family of four, two adults in late 30's and two kids ages 10 and 12. We went tubing and it was a blast, highlight of our two day trip. We went for 2 hours which was enough for the adults but the kids said they could have stayed all day. Check this attraction off your bucket list, I did.

1 Thank cls09
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Decent choice if you want to stay close to Banff, smaller hill but less busy”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

So heres the skinny on this place. After trying to search for reviews on if this was a decent ski hill for beginners, I have my answer. I went with my 2 oldest kids ages 8 and 6. This would be the first time my 6 year old has skied on a mountain. We started off on the magic carpet to warm us up, it was a decent size beginners run. After a couple of up and downs, we ventured to the Cascade chair lift. It takes you only half way up the mountain but was supposed to have green runs to the bottom. It only gives you really 2 options, but both of them being green. My 6 year old was apprehensive on the first run, but after the trial, it was smooth sailing. I would say that if you are true beginner, it is a bit intimidating and I could see how some would take a while to get down. The good thing is that this hill is smaller than most in the mountains and therefore it won't take you 1 hour to get down on your boots! After a few runs on the Cascade, we ventured to the Spirit chair lift, a quad that will take you a little farther up the hill. There is a green run, essentially that takes you to the top of the Cascade, but the first 50 feet to get you there is steeper. My 6 year old again braved the hill and made it across several times on that run.

Overall, if you are looking for long long runs and you are just starting off, this is probably not the place for you. However, I liked the fact that it is far less busy than the larger hills and it had discounted rates for a half day pass.

2 Thank pank
Calgary
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Skiing Beside the Mountain Darkness!!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

So I've never done night skiing before, thought I'd try it out with a friend since he raved about it. It was awesome! Of course, a review would not be the same unless it had a criticism of some sort! Mine would be....OPEN UP MORE RUNS!! They only have one chair operating for night skiing which runs 5 to 10 PM, this chair has your choice of 2 runs and 2 board/ski parks which is great! For 5 hours though, it gets monotonous. They also have a air bag which costs $15 per person, but my friend will be the first to tell you it rocked! Also, they have a tubing run which since I have never tried it, I will not say anything about it. It was a fun little getaway and since skiing is quickly becoming my favorite pastime, I would definitely go again. It costs $21 for the lift ticket and $31 for a ski rental package which includes skis, boots, poles and helmet. Goggles are optional, I would recommend them especially on a windy day for extra eye protection, well I wear them because I tend to like to do mach 22 down the hill! LOL.

1 Thank Mike D