“Poorly run with disgusting management” 1 of 5 stars

$112.91*
and up
Banff Via Ferrata Climbing Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Family-friendly Mt. Norquay offers outstanding conditions for beginner, intermediate and advanced skiers and riders. Since its opening in 1926, Mt. Norquay continues to be the locals’ gem. Famous for being the training ground of Olympic and World Cup athletes, and with excellent beginner terrain, everyone will love this small, family-friendly resort.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poorly run with disgusting management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Was in the national park for a family reunion and went to norquay for tubing.
I gave been several times before over the past two yrs and always had fun however this past experience turned me off.
e got to the hill around 1.30 and we had to wait 20 minutes to get or tickets, then had to wait a further 10 minutes to wait for a tube. To top it of the new magic carpet kept braking down which I believe that day was the first day it was running since being installed.
needless to say we hiked the hill and had to wait a further 20 Minutes to do a run.
we immediatly went to the lodge to all for or money back.
We had stoke with a supervisor, blonde Australian late 20s and her behavior was so disgusting. She wouldn't let us give or passes to other people and snatched them out of my husbands hands as he went to hand them over to a dad with his young soon, laughed in his face when he asked for money back and declined when my husband held the door open for her after talking outside on the deck.
If this is the face that's representing Norway, I think higher management should recruit someone that has quality customer service.

1 Thank Kellyanne28

Curitiba, PR
80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 506 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

After a long trip coming from Brazil we finally arrive in Banff and we wanted to ski so bad.

Bad news is that we decided to do that on the busiest day of the year. Dec. 28th.

Tried to get ski lessons, because as brazilians, we don´t ski much for natural reasons.

So, we waited for an available instructor and hey were all busy for the whole day. So, we booked 2 days of ski lessons.

In fact, I was skiing and my husband was snowboarding. We had different instructors, and they were great.

The hills are definitely not for begginers, but it´s lots of fun.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Juliana G
Alberta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Loved it! Great instructors and beginner areas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I had a lesson here and it was so incredibly helpful! My instructor Cathy was so friendly and positive, she really gave me a fantastic day and helped build my confidence! Anyone who wants to learn should try mount norquay, what a great experience! Beautiful views and nice gentle slopes too - amazing!

1 Thank chartravel
southern alberta
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great hill, great instructors!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Mt Norquay is great! It a great hill with a great family atmosphere. The instructors are wonderful, and we have put our kids in the weekend programs. Mt Norquay makes skiing affordable for families. I have never done the tubing, so can't comment but we are hoping to try this season. Another bonus is we have very rarely had to wait in line at the lifts, which is a bonus when it's super cold.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank katemar12
Toronto, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Amazing Value and Views, Not for beginners!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I recently skied two days with my family at Norquay. We prefer this hill for its value and less crowded slopes. However, I haven't skied in years and found it rather challenging to keep up with most of the slopes. My brother was skiing for the first time and my fiance snowboarding. While overall our days of skiing were filled with fun, excitement and laughter we faced some pretty steep hills for beginners. I must say though the views from the tops of the hills are amazing, truly. There were hardly any wait times for the lifts and there was lots of room on the hills to do your own thing. I recommend this hill, especially to families. Had a great time, can not wait to return

Visited January 2013