“Kids enjoyed it!”
Review of Sunshine Village

Sunshine Village
More attraction details
Owner description: Sunshine Village sits high on the Continental Divide in the heart of Banff National Park, and is just minutes from the mountain town of Banff. Three sprawling mountains provide breathtaking sitelines, uninterrupted by any signs of civilization beyond the resort's leasehold. Ski or ride in Alberta and British Columbia in one run. Sunshine Village's seven-month season stretches from early November until late May - the longest non-glacial season in Canada. The Village's altitude of 7,082 feet ensures the snow stays dry. Sunshine can receive up to nine metres (30 feet) of snow in a season, and it stays all year.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This was the first time my son was in the mountains. He loved it here. My son and I went with my friend and her son. Kids couldn't get enough. We don't ski but there is a few different restaurants and coffee shops to hang out at.
They also went to Lake Louise and enjoyed both but preferred Lake Louise. They have their good and bad points. There was more fresh snow at Sunshine when we were there. The one downside is having to take the Gondola up to the ski area. Or skiers ski out.

Tanya O, Manager at Sunshine Village, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Hi Michelle,

I’m so happy that we were a part of your son’s first trip to the mountains!

Sunshine historically receives tremendous snowfall throughout spring, so it is great that they were able to experience fantastic conditions on the slopes.

If you haven’t yet, you should check out our slopeside hotel, the Sunshine Mountain Lodge. Our Standish and Strawberry chairlifts are just steps from the hotel’s front door and there is a fantastic patio to watch the boys hit the slopes this spring.

Looking forward to seeing you all again very soon,

There are newer reviews for Sunshine Village

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I love Sunshine for skiing. The runs are great, big wide open pistes, that soon get you back into the swing of things. I am a very nervous skier, but after a couple of runs here, I feel like I can really make good progress and enjoy my skiing. People are very friendly, and the staff at the rental shop are really helpful. It's probably the best ski location I have ever visited, with amazing snow, very pretty runs, and a lovely ski out all the way back down the mountain. A real sense of achievement for the nervous skier, and plenty of runs for the more adventurous as well.

1  Thank Linda_from_Bucks

What a lovely review - thanks Linda!

We’re so happy to hear that you enjoy the wide open runs and champagne powder snow at Sunshine as we pride ourselves in offering a variety of ski runs for every skier and rider.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Fantastic weather, fantastic snow conditions, and fantastic customer service!!! Daycare facility was amazing as were the ski lessons for my little one! Thank you Sunshine Village staff for a great time!

Hi JR,

We really appreciate you taking the time to share you recent experience at Sunshine with us.

I’m so happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of the fantastic conditions we’ve got right now.

I will be sure to pass on your compliments about ski school and our Tiny Tigers Daycare to the team.

Thanks again and hope to see you on the slopes again soon.

Warm regards,

Tanya Otis, Manager, Sunshine Village

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I love going to Sunshine and one of my little pleasures is to take a break at the Java in the Sunshine Hotel. I had the most wonderful coffee and muffin this morning. Just what I needed at the end of more fabulous skiing in this resort.

Thanks for the review, Val!

We're so glad you enjoy the Java Lift Cafe as much as we do.

If you haven't yet, you'll have to try the made-to-order crepes as they are hard to beat. Coupled with a latte, it is one of my favourite après treats.

See you again soon,

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We've been taking skiing holidays based in Banff for more years than we like to admit (OK - it's 17 years!) but we never get tired of skiing Sunshine.

We love the fact that we know our way around the 'hill', as the Canadians so understatedly call it, but the runs change character almost hourly depending on the weather and what time of the day or night it snowed (and boy does it get snow) so it's never boring.

My favourite run is to take Sunshine Coast, the cruisey blue from the top of Goats Eye, and without stopping pick up the ski out right down to the car park - according to Ski Tracks it's 4.23 miles with a vertical drop of nearly 3000ft.

Admittedly we took Saturday off, but the only lift queue we encountered was at the bottom of the gondola on Sunday morning - and that was so well organised that we shuffled through it in just a few minutes. It's amazing for somewhere that has so many visitors that you can sometimes look ahead and realise you're the only people on the run.

Be aware that it can get very cold by European standards but we were lucky enough to have several bluebird days when the views were stunning. What more can I say - it's just awesome!

Hi Little Acorn,

Thanks for the glowing review of Sunshine Village!

We are honoured that you continue to select Sunshine for your ski vacation. And with 360 degree mountain views, we agree that Banff National Park is a pretty special place.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another 17 years.

Best regards,