Aquarium Hotel
  • Restaurant
Hotel Crocus Star(Krasnogorsk)
Avshar Club(Krasnogorsk)
  • Breakfast included
Chez Vero Le Club(Krasnogorsk)
Nicehostel Crocus(Krasnogorsk)
Crocus Hostel(Krasnogorsk)
Lucky People Hostel(Krasnogorsk)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I chose this place only because of its proximity to Crocus Expo and Sheremetievo airport. I was limited in time during this visit; otherwise I would never stay here because of crazy prices. I had the room with river view. I had to choose it because there was no other option for that day. This view is good, relaxing, but nothing spectacular that’s worth paying for (though I must admit I haven’t seen another rooms). I didn’t notice this until going to bed that the noise from the highway is quite intense. In case you are sensitive to the sounds, there are hear plugs in the drawer. What I liked:
- the room is spacious enough, a lot of light because of huge windows, furniture is simple, but new. However, carpeting is cheap this is why looks old or dirty.
- they give 2 free bottles of water in the room, which is very nice. However, there is no mini-bar or fridge
- the hotel is 10 min walk from metro station, and from there you can get to downtown (Arbat) in 30 min. which is very good for Moscow.
- leaving the bag in cloak-room is free
What I didn't like:
- visitors are allowed to smoke in the lobby, and they really do. This is disgusting and looks very uncivilized in 21 century. Hotel management should do something about it.
- breakfast is very bad, unworthy of Moscow. Omelette is dry and looks like 3-day old, the same is true about the cheese pudding. Choice is very scarce. Hotel management, change your chef! It is not hard to make a better food from the same ingredients! Before leaving I read the board with the names of all famous guests who stayed at this hotel. I wonder, did they feed famous musicians and athlets with the same junk?..
Other comments:
- In my bathroom there were both shower and bathtub. Strange luxury for this kind of hotel!
- The best employees, in my opinion, are two bell-boys who helped me with the bag – just because they are friendly and have genuine smiles. Cannot complain about everybody else, but their friendliness is “Moscow style”, they do just the required minimum and not a single step more.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AnyutaKiev
Reviewed April 15, 2012

The hotel is situated just near Crocus Expo centre, so it's very practical for business trip during the exhibition, but surely not for visiting Moscow. Rooms are clean and newly done, but the walls are extremely thin. You can hear absolutely everything in the room next to you. You can dispose a cable internet connection in the room and WiFi in the lobby. Talking about the lobby, if the rooms are still Ok, the lobby does look cheap and unfriendly. The breakfast is fine, but the restaurant doesn't inspire for a diner. I would advise to check restaurants in the commercial centre near by. The service was very friendly. Generally, it's very comfortable when you have an exhibition in the Crocus, but there is no other reason to go there.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Zhura
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Our stay at Aquarium Hotel was quite an experience.
I will be brief in saying just this: go there if you need to stay close to Crocus exhibition centre for a trade show and you don’t want to take taxis nor the metro….otherwise go elsewhere. Our choice was due mainly to the fact that traffic in Moscow is a nightmare and we were there to attend a trade show. The hotel is conveniently located inside the exhibition centre but in an isolated area, facing the highway, and there is literally nothing to do around the location except a luxurious shopping mall which is as crowded as a desert can be. There is a metro station just 5 minutes from the hotel anyway so you can reach the city centre in about 45 / 50 minutes from there.
Hotel is very basic. I don’t complain about the hotel itself but the price (240 EUR per night) did not justify the standard and quality of the hotel itself.
Very cold reception at arrival with a very poor English…but well if you think the only persons speaking English in the entire hotel are the 3 ladies at the reception….well let’s appreciate it!
Rooms are big but….
1) I had a room with twin beds and they were extremely narrow. Mattress was like only 10 cms thick. Stained floor coverings, dark rooms…but I understood why. I was so unlucky to have a room facing the interior of the Crocus pavilions so I had the very strong lighting from the pavilion flashing inside my room all night. Bathroom was clean and spacious anyway. No minibar available and do not expect even to have free bottle of waters.
2) Restaurants and breakfast: You can choose the buffet option for your dinners and breakfasts and you cannot be mistaken. I have slept there 4 nights and everyday there was exactly the same menu. If you order a la carte anyway it was a surprise. Food quality is really good. The problem is that if you order after 7 pm they basically have run out of everything on the menu. Furthermore staff at the restaurant does not speak a word of English unless the usual sentence “don’t forget about me eh?” because they want to get tipped. If you ask for something on the menu you are obliged to point at the English translations but these are not always understood. Prices are also out of this world. If you stay here I do recommend for dining these two places which we found excellent: the Moscow Yacht Club just beside the metro station on its left side. And the Asian restaurant inside the Shopping Mall Tvoi Domus (Your House). These were really excellent places.
3) To conclude this somewhat funny report I will just mention during my stay there was also the Russian International Ballroom dance Trophy. If you like music you can wake up at 7 am with a waltz and go to bed at midnight with a polka. That was really annoying….but it cannot be attributed to the hotel. The fact is that soundproofing is absolutely absent. I could hear conversations from rooms next to mine; and hotel guests told me rooms facing the highway were even worse.
To conclude…stay here ONLY if you want to avoid traffic in the morning while having to move to geth to Crocus for some events. If you don’t need to go to Crocus…just go elsewhere!

Room Tip: Do not absolutely take the rooms facing inside the expo pavillion ou you'll have very strong lighting all night long.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Alek77
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I was staying in the suite, which technically had two rooms (wardrobe area + bathroom, bedroom with plasma TV + business desk) and the hall with 2nd TV set, sofa, table and the huge nice mirror.
Many people complain that walls are very thin – I have not noticed this, because my room was on the corner, at the end of corridor, and there were wardrobe and bathroom in between my neighbors and me. Perfect silence.
At the same time my colleagues were in the standard rooms and they confirmed the “thin walls” issue + they were experiencing the soccer team parties for the whole week. Conference hall = Conference people = Parties… I guess. Having this knowledge I will suggest taking the suite :).
The restaurant in the lobby is actually pretty ok! I had blue cheese salad which was delicious, my friends had homemade pizza. They said it was great. We had some problem with splitting the bill (what is the problem?!), that waiter could not solve. He was not even trying… Not helpful at all and speaking only Russian!

Please some technical comments below:

1. The hotel is a great place to sleep when you attend the conference in Krokus Center. Hotel and the conference center are connected together.

2. Take the suite. It is quieter, better etc.

3. Russians rarely speak English – in the hotel restaurant it is easy to communicate (I know Russian so it was not problematic at all), but my friends had a lot of problems.

4. Do not take random taxi from the airport – even if it looks trustworthy. There is a taxi stand near the info desk (on the right) – TAKE IT FROM THERE. I have heard that many taxis are scammers.

5. Do some shopping! In the conference hall there is a shopping mall: http://modapolis.com/ <- when you travel from abroad you will get 13% discount (tax reduction) on site! Gucci, Chloe, Malboro, Pinko, Valentino, Armani and other good brands with the reasonable prices! Good quality, brand new, every piece is hanged so the shopping experience is very good, a lot of space for yourself and staff will take your selections to fitting room! Do not miss it :)

Room Tip: Take the suite!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Paula_Januszkiewicz
Reviewed November 10, 2011

This is very good business hotel next to Crocus Expo halls. This hotel not in central part of the city, but metro station in about 800-1000 m from the hotel. Huge shopping mall in 10 min walk at other side of huge parking plot.

Not very convenient for these who plan to explore Moscow as tourist, but perfect for business travelers who participating in events organized by Crocus Expo.

Breakfast was poor. I don't like it at all in means of presentation and selection, but quality was ok.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business