“A Perfect Day in Provence”

Foodie and Tours Provence
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Puget
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover traditional Provencal cuisine, which blends simple local ingredients with intense, robust flavors. Taste sun-ripened seasonal vegetables, fresh Mediterranean seafood, endless varieties of breads and cheeses, sweet callisons. From its colorful open-air markets to its jewelry-box epiceries and oceans of vineyards stretching out in every direction, Provence is truly a gastronomic paradise.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed September 25, 2018

Don’t miss the opportunity to spend time with Paul Griffon of FoodieandTours Provence. Paul organized a Provençal cooking class for twelve of us visiting from the US and it was spectacular. When we surveyed our group after two weeks of enjoying Provence, everyone agreed that the day spent with Paul and Arianna was the high point of the trip. We arrived as clients and left as friends.

The day included a tour of their restored farm house and surrounding olive grove, before jumping into aprons. We prepared Alouettes sans tête and L’Anchoïade Provençale made of anchovies, olive oil and raw vegetables. Talk about active engagement in the preparation and a finished product that was world class … this was it. The Alouettes are thin slices of beef rolled and stuffed to look like small birds. The L’Anchoiade is an anchovy purée with raw vegetables. Both dishes will definitely become part of our go to dishes at home.

Paul and Arianna went out of the way to make us feel at home and it worked. We look forward to enjoying their hospitality again in the near future. I almost forgot to mention the wine; they offer excellent wine pairing.

All reviews
"crepes"
"olive oil"
"cooking class"
in 2 reviews
"surrounded by olive trees"
"mom"
in 7 reviews
"provence"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed August 30, 2018

We (three families - 6 adults and 9 kids) had the best time learning how to makes crepes from scratch with Paul and his Mom.
They opened their home and their hearts for us. All kids participated in making and flipping the crepes. Jams, wine, juice, cider, etc were provided. It was all capped with property tour, fig tasting and a good talk with glass of wine while kids were finishing up making the crepes for us.
We all had a great time and recommend this experience to everyone passing through this area. Big thank you to Paul and his Mom for this amazing time!

Reviewed August 30, 2018

We were a group of 15 people (9 kids and 6 adults). We spent the afternoon making crepes with Paul and his wonderful mom in their farmhouse. The hosts were kind, generous, gracious and fun. They were amazing with the kids (average age was 10). Paul gave us a thorough tour of the farm and let us taste tomatoes, figs, etc right off the vines/bushes/etc. The kids said that out of the entire 2 weeks in France, that afternoon making crepes was one of the most memorable days.

Reviewed March 12, 2018

Sardines, boar, wine, olive oil, panisse, two deserts, cheese, wine, pear eau-de-vie, wonderful hosts, and conversation, all at a Provençal farmhouse surrounded by olive trees. My family of five took the opportunity to spend the day with Paul and Ariane at their home in Provence. What a great day and experience. The tour of Avignon and its market were a great start and it only got better. Starting with the olive oil tasting of their own olive oil, through the unique and local wines Paul provided, the meal, the tarts and the eau-de-vie at the end, everything was fantastic. The stop at l'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue on the way back to Avignon was also nice. Ariane and Paul are great hosts and made the experience truly enjoyable.

Paul offers a truly unique experience in a region where there are many wine tours but very few food tours, let alone one that allows you access to all that this day does. My wife, three teenaged children, and myself will think of the day often. Highly recommend this experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Receiving Brazilians friends for the weekend and wanted them to meet my Provence, I decided to book this tour instead of organising something by myself.  It was the best decision ever!  What a day! Paul, the guide had everything in control and clearly made our day by transforming my friends into real "frenchies"!

We went to visit the famous city of Aix,  enjoyed a local market where he made them choose some perfect ingredients to later make for us some traditional dishes.  Exquisite "tapenade" we enjoyed with a taste of delicious wines at his place: An amazing old traditional house surrounded by olive trees, peace and forest, the real provence for my friends! For the afternoon I asked for a walk in the forest, "Luberon", and was surprised as he invited a goatcheese maker and his goats to come along! Did you know goat cheese was excelent with tomato jam? I can now confirm it!  Last but not least, we endded up our day in a tipical Corsica bar to taste their wine, and back to Aix!
My friends were thrilled and do not wanted to go back to my place after that! Next time I book more days and sleeping facilities ! Hahaha.
Thanks again for everything !

1  Thank magalopsss