“Crepe making class with Paul was one of the highlights for our trip to France”

Foodie and Tours Provence
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Puget
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover traditional Provencal cuisine, which blends simple local ingredients with intense, robust flavors. Taste sun-ripened seasonal vegetables, fresh Mediterranean seafood, endless varieties of breads and cheeses, sweet callisons. From its colorful open-air markets to its jewelry-box epiceries and oceans of vineyards stretching out in every direction, Provence is truly a gastronomic paradise.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Stroller parking, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed August 30, 2018

We (three families - 6 adults and 9 kids) had the best time learning how to makes crepes from scratch with Paul and his Mom.
They opened their home and their hearts for us. All kids participated in making and flipping the crepes. Jams, wine, juice, cider, etc were provided. It was all capped with property tour, fig tasting and a good talk with glass of wine while kids were finishing up making the crepes for us.
We all had a great time and recommend this experience to everyone passing through this area. Big thank you to Paul and his Mom for this amazing time!

Date of experience: August 2018
All reviews
"crepes"
"beef"
"olive oil"
"cooking class"
"his mother"
in 3 reviews
"surrounded by olive trees"
"cuisine"
"region"
"wines"
"market"

Reviewed August 30, 2018

We were a group of 15 people (9 kids and 6 adults). We spent the afternoon making crepes with Paul and his wonderful mom in their farmhouse. The hosts were kind, generous, gracious and fun. They were amazing with the kids (average age was 10). Paul gave us a thorough tour of the farm and let us taste tomatoes, figs, etc right off the vines/bushes/etc. The kids said that out of the entire 2 weeks in France, that afternoon making crepes was one of the most memorable days.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed March 12, 2018

Sardines, boar, wine, olive oil, panisse, two deserts, cheese, wine, pear eau-de-vie, wonderful hosts, and conversation, all at a Provençal farmhouse surrounded by olive trees. My family of five took the opportunity to spend the day with Paul and Ariane at their home in Provence. What a great day and experience. The tour of Avignon and its market were a great start and it only got better. Starting with the olive oil tasting of their own olive oil, through the unique and local wines Paul provided, the meal, the tarts and the eau-de-vie at the end, everything was fantastic. The stop at l'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue on the way back to Avignon was also nice. Ariane and Paul are great hosts and made the experience truly enjoyable.

Paul offers a truly unique experience in a region where there are many wine tours but very few food tours, let alone one that allows you access to all that this day does. My wife, three teenaged children, and myself will think of the day often. Highly recommend this experience.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Receiving Brazilians friends for the weekend and wanted them to meet my Provence, I decided to book this tour instead of organising something by myself.  It was the best decision ever!  What a day! Paul, the guide had everything in control and clearly made our day by transforming my friends into real "frenchies"!

We went to visit the famous city of Aix,  enjoyed a local market where he made them choose some perfect ingredients to later make for us some traditional dishes.  Exquisite "tapenade" we enjoyed with a taste of delicious wines at his place: An amazing old traditional house surrounded by olive trees, peace and forest, the real provence for my friends! For the afternoon I asked for a walk in the forest, "Luberon", and was surprised as he invited a goatcheese maker and his goats to come along! Did you know goat cheese was excelent with tomato jam? I can now confirm it!  Last but not least, we endded up our day in a tipical Corsica bar to taste their wine, and back to Aix!
My friends were thrilled and do not wanted to go back to my place after that! Next time I book more days and sleeping facilities ! Hahaha.
Thanks again for everything !

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank magalopsss
See more reviews
Reviewed August 13, 2017

I had the joy of spending a full afternoon with Paul and his mother Ariane with my boyfriend and two friends on a recent visit to the South of France. This was a fabulous and unique insider experience in which we were expertly guided and hosted as though we were family. Not your average tour group tour. We had the chance to eat, travel and interact like locals, and left feeling that we had had a truly authentic taste of the famous Provençale cuisine, lifestyle and spirit. I'm counting down the days until I can return, but until then I highly recommend Paul's tours to anyone seeking an outside of the box educational experience in one of the world's most glorious regions.

Date of experience: July 2017