“Amazing and memorable!”

Foodie and Tours Provence
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Puget
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover traditional Provencal cuisine, which blends simple local ingredients with intense, robust flavors. Taste sun-ripened seasonal vegetables, fresh Mediterranean seafood, endless varieties of breads and cheeses, sweet callisons. From its colorful open-air markets to its jewelry-box epiceries and oceans of vineyards stretching out in every direction, Provence is truly a gastronomic paradise.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Stroller parking
Reviewed August 30, 2018

We were a group of 15 people (9 kids and 6 adults). We spent the afternoon making crepes with Paul and his wonderful mom in their farmhouse. The hosts were kind, generous, gracious and fun. They were amazing with the kids (average age was 10). Paul gave us a thorough tour of the farm and let us taste tomatoes, figs, etc right off the vines/bushes/etc. The kids said that out of the entire 2 weeks in France, that afternoon making crepes was one of the most memorable days.

All reviews
"crepes"
"olive oil"
"cooking class"
in 2 reviews
"surrounded by olive trees"
"mom"
in 7 reviews
"provence"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed March 12, 2018

Sardines, boar, wine, olive oil, panisse, two deserts, cheese, wine, pear eau-de-vie, wonderful hosts, and conversation, all at a Provençal farmhouse surrounded by olive trees. My family of five took the opportunity to spend the day with Paul and Ariane at their home in Provence. What a great day and experience. The tour of Avignon and its market were a great start and it only got better. Starting with the olive oil tasting of their own olive oil, through the unique and local wines Paul provided, the meal, the tarts and the eau-de-vie at the end, everything was fantastic. The stop at l'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue on the way back to Avignon was also nice. Ariane and Paul are great hosts and made the experience truly enjoyable.

Paul offers a truly unique experience in a region where there are many wine tours but very few food tours, let alone one that allows you access to all that this day does. My wife, three teenaged children, and myself will think of the day often. Highly recommend this experience.

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Receiving Brazilians friends for the weekend and wanted them to meet my Provence, I decided to book this tour instead of organising something by myself.  It was the best decision ever!  What a day! Paul, the guide had everything in control and clearly made our day by transforming my friends into real "frenchies"!

We went to visit the famous city of Aix,  enjoyed a local market where he made them choose some perfect ingredients to later make for us some traditional dishes.  Exquisite "tapenade" we enjoyed with a taste of delicious wines at his place: An amazing old traditional house surrounded by olive trees, peace and forest, the real provence for my friends! For the afternoon I asked for a walk in the forest, "Luberon", and was surprised as he invited a goatcheese maker and his goats to come along! Did you know goat cheese was excelent with tomato jam? I can now confirm it!  Last but not least, we endded up our day in a tipical Corsica bar to taste their wine, and back to Aix!
My friends were thrilled and do not wanted to go back to my place after that! Next time I book more days and sleeping facilities ! Hahaha.
Thanks again for everything !

1  Thank magalopsss
Reviewed August 13, 2017

I had the joy of spending a full afternoon with Paul and his mother Ariane with my boyfriend and two friends on a recent visit to the South of France. This was a fabulous and unique insider experience in which we were expertly guided and hosted as though we were family. Not your average tour group tour. We had the chance to eat, travel and interact like locals, and left feeling that we had had a truly authentic taste of the famous Provençale cuisine, lifestyle and spirit. I'm counting down the days until I can return, but until then I highly recommend Paul's tours to anyone seeking an outside of the box educational experience in one of the world's most glorious regions.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 12, 2017

We (8 in total) spent a full day in and around Aix-en-Provence with Paul and cannot tell you how much fun we had, interesting places we visited and amazing food and wine we tasted!
Paul is an amazing guide who led us through some of his favorite locations and helped guide us through the market so we could buy things for our lunch at his villa in Puget where he produces his own olive oil and has a full garden. At the house we held a little wine tasting with an amazing lunch prepared by his mother including flamed shrimps with Pastis, ratatouille and Camargue rice with local cheeses.
After lunch we wanted to customize our tour a little more and Paul was more than accommodating, bringing us to 2 different local vineyards in Puget sur Durance and in Lourmarin.
After we concluded our amazing day Paul drove us all back to Aix. Can’t recommend this tour and Paul enough, really a true and authentic experience with amazingly passionate people!