“Almost my new favourite restaurant!”

Pandora's Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 42 Restaurants in Rouse Hill
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Sydney
“Almost my new favourite restaurant!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Food great choice of homemade pasta and many other selections, an extensive menu to suit many tastes.
Most seating is very comfortable especially of you are lucky enough to acquire the plush seats with armrests!
We have eaten here twice now.. The food has not disappointed and the service has been very attentive with waiters and waitresses being very friendly and approachable. -courses arrived at appropriate times even when busy.
If not for the persistent bugs arriving that kept landing in my red wine I would have given this a higher rating, but it became truly annoying brushing them away all the time.
I suggest a napkin over your glass when not drinking if sitting near open areas.! Alternatively do something to attract them elsewhere than at patrons tables.?
I will return but will request a table a distance from the open air.

1 Thank Paul G

NSW
“Great food, top service, pleasant ambience”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Have dined at Pandoras for lunch and dinner, dinner a few months ago and lunch this week. Both times was very satisfied with all aspects. Staff are friendly, observant and helpful.
Was recommended by friends for first visit and on my recommendation lunched with other friends there recently. Am hearing locally from a lot of people how good the meals are and I am pleased to chip in "I have been there too" and yes it is some of the best meals you'll get in the Hills District at this time.

1 Thank Drivingdiners
“Big disappointment”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The food was pretty good - complements to the chef. The portion sizes were large and food plated up with flair. Decor is chic but the room is very noisy on a crowded night. However, we have a few gripes which means we won't be returning again.

I changed our booking over the phone from Friday to Saturday night but whoever took the call did not record it in the system so we arrived on a very busy Saturday night and our booking could not be found. We were seated near a noisy portable air-conditioner which looked like the robot from Lost in Space and after waiting for about 10 minutes for someone to take our order or even come near our table, my husband got up to ask to be moved to a better table.

A better table was found and we were given menus and the waitress rushed away. Nobody asked us if we would like to order drinks. Our order was taken and the waitress rushed away again. When our meal arrived it was placed on the table and we had to flag down the wait staff to order some wine as our waiter had rushed off again. Although the owner made an effort to visit every table during the evening, the wait staff never seemed to be at the table when we wished to ask for something. At one point we wanted to ask questions about the menu but the waitress was gone before we had a chance. We did notice that the larger groups had several wait staff hovering around them and attending to their needs

When my husband went to pay by credit card and he was billed twice. It took a few days and a few phone calls and visits to the restaurant owner and the bank before we got our money back. We still have no idea how this happened and nobody from the restaurant has called us to check on whether we ever got a refund from the bank.

Having read the reviews, I was looking forward to dining at this restaurant on my birthday for the first time but we came home bitterly disappointed. Alas we are still searching for a restaurant in the Hills district which has its act together as far as customer service goes.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank rosaposer165
Mr G, Owner at Pandora's Restaurant, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Rosaposer165,

Firstly Thank you for your review, as we have been open for only a very short time. We are very aware of the potential for the dinning room to become noisy let assure you it's on our list to fix this asap.

However your comments regarding the double charge on your credit card must be explained to TripAdvisor users correctly as your comments bring our integrity into question. I advised you that the issue was with the banks and even thou we only got paid once from your bank. I was more then happy to refund you if your bank delayed the refund process. This happened across sydney and was well publicised on that Saturday and was not exclusive to our restaurant.

I offer my apologies for any inconvenience that it caused you. I have also addressed the service standard that you received on that night. Once again I thank you for your time and trust that our menu that you enjoyed and complemented our chefs for, will bring you back once again and to be serviced as you would expect.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxing dining experience”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We went on Sunday 09 March and the restaurant was not full. It was a nice relaxing dining experience. Friendly staff looked after us well, no delays what so ever, food was very good. Fully worth for the money spent. Great place in this part of sydney with lots of space compared to many restaurants I have been to in the north west and the city. Raj, West Pennant Hills

Mr G, Owner at Pandora's Restaurant, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Rosaposer165,

Firstly Thank you for your review, as we have been open for only a very short time. We are very aware of the potential for the dining room to become noisy let me assure you it's on our list to fix this asap.

I offer my apologies for any inconvenience that it caused you. I have also addressed the service standard that you received on that night. Once again I thank you for your time and trust that our menu that you enjoyed and complemented our chefs for, will bring you back once again and to be served as you would expect.
Sydney, Australia
“Pleasant evening with a few drawbacks”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We arrived and were greeted within minutes before being led to our table by the window. After we sat down and started perusing the menu, we were asked to move to another table as the table we were at was being prepared for another couple, which was a bit disappointing and awkward but an honest mistake on the part of the staff. The decor is contemporary and tastefully hid the car park and fast food restaurants outside.

Our antipasto plate entree was served cold from the fridge and so was pretty tasteless. We had veal and pork belly as our mains and these were tender and tasty. Huge portions meant we had enough for leftovers. We had the panna cotta for desert, which was again served cold from the fridge and disappointing.

Overall we had a pleasant evening. The staff at Pandora's Restaurant are energetic and professional, but there were a few negatives that mean we probably won't return, particularly as the prices are on the more expensive side.

• Visited February 2014