“Local resident”

The Local Shed Cafe
Ranked #6 of 44 Restaurants in Rouse Hill
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to MEZZE ROUSE HILL where our philosophy is simple - Serve great tasting MOROCCAN and MEDITERRANEAN inspired FOOD in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Mezze Rouse Hill is a landmark for all locals living in the area and also surrounding suburbs. We cater for all ages and kids just love the atmosphere as we are surrounded by parks and play areas. This keeps the kids occupied while the adults can enjoy a relaxing breakfast, lunch or dinner accompanied by a drink or two. Mungerie was a typical Australian homestead with a verandah on three sides and a lean to verandah at the back. It was a lathe and plaster built house with timber weatherboard walls and an iron roof. Originally just four rooms coming off a central hallway with a detached kitchen out the back which now forms Mezze Rouse Hill. So come and join us at our restaurant to enjoy the history of Rouse Hill.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Superb food, well prepared, presented and delivered by an enthusiastic waiter. The steak was very well cooked and was very tender. Sadly the drinks came out after I had finished my meal. I understand that any business must try to make a living by reducing expenses. This unfortunately is what is happening at Meze Me. You need more staff....you can't expect those very few hard working guys and gals to take care of everything. It does not work that way and it detracts from the great things about this cafe. There are too many customers to look after by so few waiters. This is why you're kept waiting for long periods of time. Fix that and you have a jewel in the Hills district.

1  Thank MaximillianR

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Our 3rd time at Mezze Me! Our first time it had just opened, and it was still working out a few issues! I went there next about a month ago on a Thursday night. The staff were so lovely and the food amazing!
We returned again tonight, just on a whim to see if we could get a table! The staff were So obliging to try to fit us in without a booking! Once again the waitstaff so lovely, with the recommended dishes etc! Nothing too much trouble! Such a change to find wonderful service, we need to usually go into the city to find! We shared the Mezze Plate, the stuffed squid, and the Falafels! Then my husband and son had the shared desert! All wonderful ( especially the Squid)! I have told many clients and friends, and yes we will be back again!

2  Thank RHONDA48
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We love going out for dinner and enjoy nothing better than to find a new spot to eat. At Mezame we did just that, it was great. It was a romantic night just the two of us but I there were a number of families there and outside was a family birthday party.

To start, we had several meze plate entree's and the dips were just beautiful. We were sat right next to the kitchen so were lucky enough to watch the staff whizzing around and working hard, and do they ever work hard!? They did not stop cleaning and running around and I really felt that they were there for the customer. The kitchen was clean and the chefs were organised. It's a quirky place because it's a cafe style environment next to what feels like an information centre or even a community centre. Its an odd feel but I loved it.

The place would benefit from a better drinks menu, some boutique beers maybe or a more extensive wine list. The lighting is also a bit harsh but I'm just nitpicking. I really liked this place and will be coming back. Give it a go!!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We have dined here several times now and it has to be one of the best restaurants/cafe in the area.
Dinner was yummy,well presented and full of flavor.The ambiance is lovely.
Breakfast at Meze Me is a wonderful start to the day,the atmosphere is soothing and calming.
The staff are very well customer focused and take pride in their job.
Thanks Guys.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have now been twice, after friends recommended. Our first time in Jan for dinner with said friends and Sunday past for breakfast - just the two of us.

It is a great find. Lovely old building. Service was great - our waitress who we happened to have both times was very attentive and very friendly. Other staff just as attentive and friendly, making sure you have everything, topping up water, having a chat with you.

Food is really good - fresh, flavoursome and beautifully presented.

It's a very busy place!

Dinner with friends we shared a mezza plate, followed by the lamb tagine and chicken tagine - both fantastic, but the chicken tagine was the winner. We had dessert and again fantastic. Just cannot fault the food. I highly recommend the Dessert Platter to Share - even if you don't want to share. Everything about evening was great.

Breakfast - fresh, well cooked. Husband said was the best bacon and eggs he has tasted in a long time. I ordered the banana pancake with butterscotch sauce as I didn't feel like eggs and OMG nearly died when I saw the size of it. Pancake was as big as a dinner plate, needless to say I couldn't even finish it, even with husband having a few mouthfuls - we hardly dented it - definitely one to share. Great coffee too!

Both times very impressed, nice old building, plenty of parking. Recommend to book, just in case they are full.

Family is planning a birthday lunch in a few weeks and we will be happy to go again.

Only downside, it is a very busy and bustling place and can get noisy. They have both indoor and covered outdoor dining with a nice outlook - you can't go wrong with this one