“Well worth a visit”

The Nettle Inn
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Myself and my partner visit The Nettle on average once a month for lunch and have never been disappointed.
The service IMO is fine, the food (which lets face it is what matters) is first rate, the lunch menu has a nice choice of good honest "pub grub" classics, in addition there is an ever changing specials board with some more adventurous choices.
Special mention must be given to the desserts which are simply delicious, the Bakewell tart in particular.
The Nettle Inn is an excellent country pub with comfortable surroundings, well-kept beer and first rate food, HIGHLY recommended

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I laugh and laugh at some of the miserable comments on here about my bolt-hole in Derbyshire. I LIKE the bar man and I'm definately going to get him to laugh one day. Look, he's doing a great job and he keeps his eye on everything. He's not part of the 'paid-for' entertainment ... you're supposed to bring your OWN company with you for that. The service is not slow ... it's relaxed man ... so try to RELAX. There's nothing worse than being rushed through dinner and pushed out of a restaurant full of food. NOW where are you going to go?? Exactly! "Back home". Arrive early for dinner ... try 6.30 and then take over the place for the night. Make it your bolt-hole for the evening! Enjoy your company, kick-back and if you need anything like more drinks or the sweet menu then just open your mouth and ask! The staff are great. A proper Derbyshire welcome this place is. They may not laugh at all your jokes but they provide discrete attention if you need it. They have never thrown me out yet and I hope that they never ever will. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. The bedrooms are awesome and for the price - a bargain man!! So what if I couldn't get the telly to work ... I hadn't come to watch the telly ... I'd come to relax, drink beer (Brilliantly kept beer), meet old friends and laugh out loud. The food is excellent. And I do mean EXCELLENT! Breakfast is awesome too. There's nothing to complain about at this place, believe me ... I'll be back there in 10 weeks if not sooner! My recommendation to anyone is - bring friends for an evening of conversation - sit-down and go with the flow.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Having read previous reviews on here, I wasn't expecting a dining experience that I would enjoy. I was wrong, I did enjoy, the pub has an excellent atmosphere and I don't think the prices charged are too high. There is a long wait from first entering to eventually being served food but as we were in a group of 6 celebrating a birthday we had plenty to talk about to pass the time. The food was good without being exceptional, in particular the ribeye I ordered was very nice. The one disappointment for me was the Irish coffee I ordered, I don't think there was much if any Irish Whiskey in it. Including drinks the eveining worked out at about £35 each. The overall experience was good but in future if its my choice I can think of lots of other restaurants I would rather go to.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Having had bad experiences at the Nettle in the past tried again recently to hope this quaint pub had improved on its service only to find they still have the same ignorant, pompous, nose picking barman they have always had. Still if you want to feel uncomfortable, be treated like a waif and stray and like to pay high prices for your drinks then this is the placefor you - but not for me !!

2  Thank Andy N
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The atmosphere in this pub is excellent. Small cosy areas with real fires. Some cask beers. The food is very good, and served in the restaurant. There is an extensive menu which should cater for all tastes. The quality of the food is very good, with an excellent selection of vegetables complementing the meat or fish. The desserts, all made on the premises, are excellent. This is a place to visit for a special occasion. Car parking is plentiful. Service can be slow, and you may have to wait for your order to be delivered, but a good thing is worth waiting for.