All reviews the pub twycross zoo steak ale pie home cooked food pleasant surroundings fantastic meal saturday night generous portions tea making facilities comfortable bed full english home from home next morning enjoyable stay excellent value for money church hall netflix
Reviewed July 16, 2018

I stayed this weekend for my friends' wedding and booked last minute with all sorts of extra demands and I was blown away with the kindness and willingness to accommodate my needs. The room was high quality, tastefully decorated, clean and welcoming with every amenity that I needed, the bedding and towels were crisp but baby soft and I loved the general quirkiness of the building. The main feature for me though were Becky and Doug, the owners, who went out of their way to make my stay as a singleton feel like home from home. Doug's breakfast was fabulous, clearly top quality ingredients and skilfully cooked, I could not have enjoyed myself more and I'm now trying to think of excuses to go back. I would highly recommend this hidden little gem as extremely good value for money with lovely friendly owners.

Room tip: Ask the owners, they will be really helpful
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 30, 2018

Arrived to find place very cramped. Sat down and found table rocked. I had the Fish and Chips which was ok but nothing special. Wife had Steak which was quite nice portions ok the meals included a sweet which were ok but a bit boring. We felt like they wanted to shut as only 3 people in there and they switched lights off in side room. It was a Saturday night. Drinks just under £9 for 1 medium white wine and 1 alcohol free lager. The lady struggled to operate cash machine. They did ask if every was ok but was a bit surprised such good reviews not a patch on the Bulls Head Repton. Food was pub meal quality not awful but not outstanding like some reviews. Very disappointed. Sorry but both my wife and i think this is very accurate and fair.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

Doug and Becky who own the pup are very friendly. The place also has bedrooms and if I did not live so near I would certainly stop there. The food is always pipping hot plenty to choose from. We go most weeks but I wished they would change the veg a bit but that would not stop me from going.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 26, 2018 via mobile

Couldn’t rate this place more highly. Excellent value for money with very high quality rooms. From the welcome to meals, the service is first class.
Very comfortable beds, reasonably priced food & drink. The most comfortable bed & bedding I’ve slept in for a long time! Would highly recommend.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Honestly cannot recommend this pub’s Sunday lunch’s enough. There are no bells or whistles, only a choice of four meats and not even any starters. But what you do get is all homemade and delicious. The desserts are to die for as well. If you’re looking for a great quality Sunday roast, look no further!

Date of stay: April 2018