“The best meal i've ever had!”
Review of The Vault - CLOSED

The Vault
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Available for private hire & special occasions. Call and let us tailor a package to suit your exact requirements.
Derbyshire
“The best meal i've ever had!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I've eaten at the Vault a couple of times now, once for Sunday lunch with the family which was really excellent and once with my husband for an anniversary meal.
Eating off the fabulous a la carte menu was a great experience, I have never had food presented so beautifully and every single bite of every aspect of the meal was incredible (I had the lamb and my husband had cote de boeuf).
I would not hesitate to recommend the food and the friendly service to anyone, we can't wait to come back!

• Visited August 2012

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Great Service”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We enjoyed an early meal at this restaurant on Saturday March 9th. The meal was very good value, being priced as £4-£9-£4 for a starter, main course and desert. We did digress somewhat from the early dinner menu which gave us more choice. Consequently the meal cost £81 for four people which included four drinks.The starters were less exciting than the mains. As advertised the steak meals incurred a supplement- well worth this, since the steaks were delicious and cooked to perfection. I would certainly recommend the butternut squash risotto which was the best I have ever tasted.
The service could not be faulted in any way. nor the overall atmosphere.
A word of warning about parking:this is accessed from a road behind the Dronfield Arms which is easy to miss!

• Visited March 2013
Dronfield
“Magnificent !”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

First time at The Vault after it came highly recommended.

Both of use has Steaks. My wife the Sirlon and I had the Code De Boeuf. They were huge. Both were enormous and cooked to absolute perfection.

With very little room for a sweet we shared a pineapple dish which was gorgeous.

Don't be put off by the price. As far as I'm concerned it was worth every single penny.

Will definitely return.

Sheffield
“Smashing Evening”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Went for our first visit to the Vault last Saturday and I have to say I was really impressed both with the food and the general ambiance of the evening.

Myself and my partner both ordered the Surf and Turf starter, which consisted of scallops, belly pork, and a breadcrump coated black pudding. I have to say it was absolutely delicious and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. If I could have eaten it again, I would have!!!

For main, I had a T-Bone steak and my partner had the Duck. As someone has mentioned about portions, I'm a little surprised as the menu clearly states what you get. If it's not mentioned, there's a good chance you'll not be getting something else? If you're not happy, perhaps mention it to the staff? We found them to be attentive and friendly, so hardly a reason to sit and complain about things afterwards.

We both thought the portions we're excellent, to be fair, I couldn't finish all the additions with my steak. The steak was well cooked (medium rare) as was my partners duck and as such we didn't order a sweet, opting for just a coffee.

Overall, as a new venture, it is a welcome addition to the area, the staff are pleasant and the food is excellent. They're still learning the ropes, but overall I was impressed with the staff, as a former licensee and manager, I do pay particular attention to customer service.Only minor quibble was that the wine wasn't cold, but the staff went out of their way to sort it for us. We look forward to returning and I recommend it highly.

• Visited February 2013
derbyshire
“disappointed”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Having read the reviews I cannot wholly agree with the others. I chose the duck as did two others in our party and one had the rissotto. The duck itself was well cooked but did not come with any potatoes and only a small amount of wilted pak choi. Not what I would call a main meal and at £17.50 rather over priced. For desert I chose the panacotta which tasted good but was a runny consistency. The rissotto was fine, but my husband said my recipe for rissotto was better. Looking round I can see if you chose steak you did get a large portion of chips with it so those customers wouldn't go home still feeling hungry. The noise from the pub upstairs can make it very noisy as the access is via open stairway to the pub.

• Visited March 2013