“Good value and good food”
Review of Ayesha's

Ayesha's
Ranked #20 of 37 Restaurants in Dronfield
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Sheffield, Yorkshire, England
“Good value and good food”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I visited this restaurant for the first time with a friend on a wet and windy February evening, The environment was clean and pleasant and the tables were not crammed together as they can be in some restaurants. Prices on the menu were not exorbitant, We had the obligatory poppadoms and pickle tray followed by a delicious bhaji starter. For my main course I had lamb sag with vegetable rice and a chapati. The lamb sag was a little drier than usual - not swishing around in oil and gravy. The lamb was tender and tasty. This was washed down with draught lager and then a glass of tap water. We have visited numerous curry houses in the region and were not disappointed with this one. Good value and good food.

A final note - although the waiting staff were efficient and pleasant - I do not appreciate being addressed as "boss", "mate" or "lad". Perhaps it is a generation thing but I expect restaurant staff to address me as "sir".

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Neil_in_Sheffield_UK

Sheffield, UK
“Service without a smile”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We often go for an indian and thought we'd make a change from our usual restaurant in Dronfield and give Ayeshas a try. Apart from freezing cold air con blowing on us throughout the meal the waiter could not speak very good English. It took nearly 15 minutes for my friend to explain the dish he wanted but without prawns! The ordering process in general seemed like such a hard ship. Only allowed to order the main dish first while he went up and down the table then back to take rice dishes and thenback again for any extras we required, why he couldnt take each persons order all together is beyond us! Once the meal arrived and ALL dishes delived to the table I politely asked for another drink only for his snappy reply to be "Can you just wait until all the food has been brought out"! Rude much! I'll not go into the stench of his arm pits as he leaned over to put the orders down. The meal itself - we were a table of 10 all of which agreed the food was swimming in grease. The vegetables had hardly been chopped in my dish. After finishing our meal the same waiter then proceeded to take all our cutlery off the plates and throw it on the table cloth while he took the plates away thus splashing curry on my friends shirt. He came back about 10 minutes later to collect all the used knives and forks. Bizarre. Should have stuck to a normal reliable curry house will not be going again.

• Visited December 2013
“Good food. Average service”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is on the side of a road and parking is scarce so be prepared to have a short walk. It's not particularly wheelchair friendly. The restaurant is good, seating by the bar is handy for when you are waiting for everyone to arrive. It is busy so not much space but then that's a good thing, after all a quiet Indian Restaurant on a Saturday night would not reassure you!
Taking our orders was slow and while staff were around, we had to ask to order, for drinks. We made do with the cutlery on the table as it was easier than asking for more after the main courses arrived. Having said that the service wasn't a problem as we were having a good time. The food was good. We asked for additional sides as our food was arriving and that actually came quickly:-))
We didn't stop for coffee (we weren't asked about it or dessert) but that was our choice, we could have asked, so again not a problem.
Would I go again?? Yes as the food was good, not bad value and the company I was with was great.
Is it my best local Indian Restaurant?? No

• Visited January 2014
Dronfield, United Kingdom
“Birthday meal”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We have been to this restaurant many times for various occasions from family teas, late night food it's always nice food, can be very quiet early evening. Staff are friendly and price is reasonable

• Visited November 2013
Dronfield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never let's us down”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We visit Ayesha's regularly and also use their take away service. The food and service we have always found to be very good. always friendly and helpful and we wouldn't dream of going anywhere else

Visited January 2014