“Surly staff and over oiled unimaginative food”
Review of Little Italy

Little Italy
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Dronfield
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
sheffield uk
“Surly staff and over oiled unimaginative food”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Went for a catch up meal with an old work colleague last night - firstly was given "looks" by one waiter as though " who are you and what are you doing with one of my regular customers" secondly the same waiter was surly and verging on rude when I asked " do you have any Corvo"? Italian white wine and then when I requested cheese instead of a sweet dessert - he looked at me as if I were mad and sai "cheese CAKE" no cheese - well I dont think I have ever been in a restaurant (worth the name)where cheese is not a dessert option...generally I didnt want to upset my old friend so didnt make any comment - had I been on my own I would have left at the furst curled lip. This place obviously does very well ( it was heaving) and the other waiters seemed very nice - but they need to a) ditch the surly soprano wannabe and make more imaginative salds and garnishes - no pesto or pine nuts or avocado to be seen and stop PLEASE drenching the fish and the vegetables in so much oil that it was all one could taste...yuk ! Not cheap either !

• Visited February 2013

“Lovely place great food and prices”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Visited on the 9th of February. First time we have been and will be sure to come back, great service served really quick with amazing food! Not a huge restaurant which makes the atmosphere really good. Will for sure be coming back two starters two mains and a few drinks for around £40 how can you complain! The food is great for the price! Keep it up little Italy and people get visiting :)

“What a fantastic evening”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Visited little Italy a few times now and what can we say.... Food is out of this world! Staff are fantastic and are attentive without being intrusive. Personally I had the halibut and it was the best I've had (being more of a fish person) all our party of 8 had a different meal and all reports were fantastic!

Will be back again very soon

1 Thank 4foody
Dronfield, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We visited Little Italy on 23/1/13-a midweek treat! It was surprisingly busy for a cold snowy evening but the welcome was warm. The owner, Georgio, was very attentive and our drinks order was taken quickly.
Our starters arrived in good time even though it was busy and everything is freshly made to order, I understand.
Between the 5 of us we had as mains:chicken,steak,lasagna,pancakes & salmon pasta. We all agreed that each dish was well cooked and delicious.
The tiramasu and profiteroles were to die for and we finished off with coffees and liquers.
All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our visit and the atmosphere was lively. We will definitely return soon.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank chrissiex22
“A great place to be!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Been a while since i last visited. Realy nice food and great service! Only negative was our table was near to the toilet.

1 Thank thewalker1