“Absolutely perfect!!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hardstoft B&B and Inns
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Absolutely perfect!!!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

John & Kim are the most welcoming, friendly & genuine people you will ever meet!! I seriously cannot rate this place enough. If you are reading this then book!!!! The lodge has an outdoor jacuzzi. The sauna was hot!! All included in the price. The lodge is seperate from John & Kims so you are left to your own devices which was perfect. It is a real home from home. My room was massive. If you are reading this & you are looking for a weekend to escape from " the real world" then book!! You will not regret it. Jemma

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jemmajas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed for 1 night and there is nothing negative we can say. Everything was perfect, would definitely recommend. The hosts were brilliant, made us feel welcome. Will be returning on a regular basis.

• Stayed October 2013
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed at Whitton Lodge two nights ago and can not speak highly enough of our visit. The room and breakfast were exceptional and our hosts, Kim and John, were lovely people who made us feel very welcome and chatted to us for quite some time. We would not hesitate to recommend Whitton Lodge as an excellent site to base yourself at when visiting the region. We rate you 15/10 Kim and John. Thank you.
John & Marcia Simmons Gold Coast Australia

Room Tip: Any room. They are all good.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
England
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed in the luxury room overlooking the garden and found the room to be spacious, clean, warm and comfortable. Gorgeous hot tub in the garden, sauna gym and snooker table all for the guests use, what more could you want, this was better equipped than most hotels. Breakfast was also very good with plenty of choice. Hosts are extremely friendly and helpful and I would thoroughly recommend this this lovely peaceful place

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank csek
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Enjoyable stay in this good, clean, friendly b & b with excellent breakfasts. Unfortunately the bedroom could not be classed as luxury accommodation. Towelling robes and chocolates on pillows did not compensate for the poor view over the car park to an old garage, heavy winter weight duvet, cheap foam pillows without pillow protectors and toiletries in dispensers over the bath. I requested the use of an iron and was advised that I could not use it in the bedroom but could go down to the gym - I decided not to bother. If advertised as luxury accommodation I would expect a higher standard of comfort.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Perfectionseeker2013
Horsham Victoria Australia
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We have just spent 2 nights at this B&B with friends and had a great time. Kim was very accommodating with changing our room as I had trouble with the stairs and the shower. Our friends were upstairs and had trouble with noise every time someone turned on a tap. Breakfast was very nice and there was plenty of it. The rooms were clean and comfortable, we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
uk
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I arrived with two companions there to help me as i am disabled. i was visiting Chesterfield so had to pay for a taxi as i can no longer drive. it seemed worth it for the facilities and accommodation.
I have hesitated over what i should say regarding this review but in the end decided to put how i feel about it as it did upset me.
the website said to ring to make booking and referred to the couple who run the Lodge. I spoke to the lady who took my booking for 2 luxury rooms and took my card details.
however when we arrived John said there was no booking and asked if i had maybe booked somewhere else and arrived there by accident.
having insistedwe were at the right place it my helpers were given a luxury room but John then discovered the others were already taken. i therefore got put in the disabled room which was not a luxury room. Since i was paying for both rooms i wasnt best pleased particularly as i had been looking forward to relaxing on the advertised sofa in my luxury room and having the hot tub right outside. i didn't have a sofa and never got to use the hot tub which i had been looking forward to.
The room i had was set up for wheelchair access with a wet room. i do not usually use a wheelchair but have balance and movement problems. the large spaces in room and bathroom for wheelchair access often just look like more room to fall in. i prefer places where there is furniture to place a steadying hand on or soft furnishings to break a fall.
i saw John later by accident and he explained that he had found out my booking had been taken by his other half but he had gone out on an emergency trip the day i rang and the details had not been passed to him.
What upset me was that none of this was my fault but i never received any apology at all. Neither did i receive any small discount or anything that might have made me feel they had tried to make up for their mistake.
Th room was nice and warm and breakfast lived up to the reviews but i cant see myself going back.

Room Tip: make sure they send confirmation of booking
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank jaccx7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hardstoft
Twin Oaks Hotel
#2 of 2 in South Normanton
New Bath Hotel and Spa
New Bath Hotel and Spa
#2 of 3 in Matlock Bath

Been to Whitton Lodge? Share your experiences!