“Amazing!!”

Derby
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Amazing, amazing, amazing!! Had dinner to celebrate my brothers birthday and had a fantastic time! Food and service great as always and the garden room is the best I've ever seen!! Well done to the management!!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Good Food, Slow Service, Table Not Ready”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We booked a table but due to the late arrival of our friends we were 10 minutes late and having rushed everyone to the restaurant area, found our table wasn't ready and had to wait.
The staff were friendly but service was very slow, which I would put down to the kitchen being overloaded for the number of covers.
The standard of food was pretty good, however my fish in batter was far to large and despite being cooked well and of a good quality, just wasn't well presented as it overhung the large plate by several centimetres either side.
A great place to go to for a fun night with friends and a bite to eat as you chat but not somewhere I would visit for a special occasion.

Englan
“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Ate at The Bulls Head recently as we had heard good things. Sadly things did not live up to expectations.
There were a lot of empty tables to choose from but most were dirty with food or drink spillages and the floor was also grubby and 'sticky' to walk on.
Ordered a beef dish - it was so rare it could have been revived. The waitress asked whether everything had been alright and when I said I prefer my beef a little more cooked she laughed and said 'that's how all the meat is served here'.
Please don't ask if you are not going to take feedback seriously.

“A mixed bag”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our table was booked for 5 but wasn't ready until 5.45, which wasn't a problem as we sat in the bar and had a drink while we waited. The bar area was very busy but we got a table. When our table was ready we were told the pizzas would be a 25 minute wait, these actually arrived first and the children's meals 10 minutes later which wasn't ideal. The food was fantastic, really well presented and the pizzas are to die for. Our only complaint would be the temperature, the heaters were on max, so everyone had the windows open which still didn't cool the room down enough! Bulls Head - sort out your heating and you'd be perfect!!

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“cheeky lunch treat”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I walk up to the Bull's Head for a lunchtime treat. It's always busy, and no surprise. The staff are very friendly, there's a myriad beers to choose from, the atmos is informal and the pizzas and food are always great. Only complaint is it's so popular, I wouldn't dream of going in the evenings or weekends as you struggle to get a table in the bar. It's great to see a business doing so well.