“Always worth a visit”

Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Barlow
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2013

As always no complaints about food or service and I always have to bring home a scone for my husband as he says they are delicious.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Forever simple, traditional, flavoursome, comforting and delicious. Try the pies or pasties, they even do take out, superb.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Lovely decorated tea room and orangery with sewing machines made into tables.
It also has a nice little gift shop to browse around either before or after you have eaten.
The food is excellent and as described by other visitors is of a very high quality and very tasty and they don't skimp on the portion sizes.
There is a seating area at the back, although rather small, it's quite a little sun trap in the summer. To the front their are picnic tables where you can sit and watch the world go by and look over the valley.
The only down side and what kept the overall rating at four stars and not five is that the staff can be what some people might term as a little unwelcoming at times and it seems as though you have to be 'one of their regulars'.
This said, it wouldn't deter me from visiting again as I and my family love the food.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a really nice place with high quality, tasty food, just a shame that its let down so badly by one of the staff. I was made to feel like a huge inconvenience by the lady who 'greeted' (and I use the term very loosly!) me. She really doesn't enjoy her job and makes this very plain to some customers! Shame as the other, younger girl who served me was fine. Ate the food in record time and left as quickly as possible as I'd been made to feel so uncomfortable. Someone has obviously made a great deal of effort with the menu/decor etc and I'm sure that if I hadn't encountered this particular individual, it would have been a very different experience - something that seems to be bourne out by the very mixed reviews this has had.

6  Thank jane b
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Called in for breakfast after going swimming, which always makes me ravenous. I had scrambled egg on brown toast, with bacon and mushrooms. The portion was huge, served almost immediately and by very pleasant staff, I lingered over a pot of tea and read my paper, what an excellent way to while away a Sunday morning!