“Quaint building, nice food, patchy service”

Alresford Indian & Bangladeshi Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 30 Restaurants in Alresford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We've been three times over the past year.

The building is historic, and naturally has very wonky floors and a steep staircase (look at the ladies loo, the floor levels will make you think you've had too much to drink even if you haven't!)

Food has always been great (although my husband is no fan of the raita) but the service can be patchy, we had three staff helping to serve us last Saturday, two were utterly charming, one was pretty surly and I think this is the same on each occasion.

It has an extensive menu, some of it unusual.....give it go!

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Lovely little place in a small village Food very good Very clean lovely staff would vist if in area again

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

The food was fantastic. The service was excellent. Absolutely 5 star quality Indian cuisine. Total money paid off.The best food ever I had.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Me & my friend booked a table for my Birthday, upon arrival we were shown to our table which was in a corner & was wobbly & leaning quite badly. We ordered drinks (wine, beer & 1 glass of water) & poppadoms & waited for the main to arrive. During the wait the man serving us sat another couple behind us, the waiter lifted our table to move it without asking & proceeded to spill my friends beer all over the table. He did not apologize & did not clean the mess up or even offer to top up the drink & the table did not need to be moved. After 45 minutes my friend had to ask about our food, no one had come over to apologize for the wait & as soon as she asked they brought it straight out. The food was warm not hot & I later asked for more water, the other waiter serving was texting on his phone, when he finally came over with my water it was just in a pint glass (not well presented) The flower on our table was dead unlike everyone else's & we didn't seem to have the nice table dressing with the oil candle. After all this my friend asked if we could have the drinks taken off the bill as we were not satisfied with the service we had received. I personally feel this should have been offered as way of apology. On leaving the restaurant the waiter pushed past me & there was still no apology. They were very dismissive.
very very disappointing.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We use this restaurant a lot having switched allegiance from the other well known Indian in Alresford. The food is consistently very good. Service can sometimes be indifferent but the manager is excellent. The menu has recently been updated too and at this visit the first taste of a couple of those dishes was very good. Recommended