“New owners have made a great Impression”
Review of Reindeer Inn - CLOSED

Reindeer Inn
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The reindeer is a little out of the way but easy to access due to being sited on the main a449 between Kidderminster and Worcester. I've popped in many times over the years. It was taken over around 12 months ago after a short period of being closed and the new management have really turned the pace around, and its now a very pleasant place to stop in for a pint of a meal. with tasteful decoration good beer and great food. The management are friendly and seem to genuinely want to look after their customers. they also have a number of events I've attended a classic car gathering there and also I believe they are having a new childrens play area installed at the moment.

Well Worth a visit

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Called in by chance, early on a cold wet Friday evening on way back from Cheltenham Races. Made very welcome, staff friendly and helpful with disabled wife. The food was delicious - would highly recommend the fish pie, good range of beers and reasonably priced. Great pub to visit- even chess, jenga, draughts on tables in bar.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Have been before and thought it was great but it will now be sometime before we revisit. We were not happy with the food and it has definitely gone down hill. Starters cold and not up to scratch and main course nothing to rave about, we were both really disappointed and would now not recommend or revisit for sometime. Its not cheap and we both felt we would have rather stopped in rather then wasting money, they need to be consistently good for people to return

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is only our second visit ever to the Reindeer and the previous one was to the previous owners. Have to say the food still exceeds expectations. The steak was cooked to perfection for both myself and my husband. Our friends meal were equally as good.

The weakness at the moment is the speed of service. There were only about five tables occupied (which by the way is a great shame as people are missing out!) with two members of staff plus who I believe was the Manager or Owner. All were friendly and polite but once they had taken our main course plates away, it was only when I went up to the bar and asked for more drinks and the desert menu that the service picked up again. This really is just a small fault and one I know will improve as custom picks up and experience of new staff improves - but if you want a quick meal you need to be aware of this in the interim. By the way I had the pate to start - best pate I have ever eaten!!

As for us - well we can't wait to go back.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Sunday lunch, 10th February. Met up with some elderly friends. Great lunch, good service, nice place, NO HEATING!!!! One of the coldest days of the year. I mentioned it to a waitress who said she would do something about it. It was difficult because we met our friends there at their suggestion, so we didn't to start complaining. There was heating on, because the radiator in the loo was hot. People around us, especially women, were keeping their coats on and were shuddering with obvious signs of cold. Whoever was in charge must have skin like an elephant! Sometimes, staff that are working hard and going in and out of the kitchen, don't realise that a place is cold and it may be necessary to point it out. This was very obvious very cold. Completely unacceptable. Had we gone in the Summer, we probably would have enjoyed it and thought it was a good place. After such an experience, they won't be seeing us again.