“Golden wedding party”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We booked the whole restaurant for our Golden Wedding anniversary. Toby and his staff were so helpful with the menus and the whole experience was just wonderful.
Our guests (some of whom had visited the Venture before) had a great experience - and we received some great compliments on the standard of food and service....it made our special day truly memorable - many thanks - we will be returning!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Although it was last year when we went with two close friends, it has been on my mind to review this restaurant. Having not been before, none of us knew what to expect, and on booking the table, I was asked to come at a very specific time. On arrival, it became clear. We were ushered to a table in the bar area where the owner went to great lengths to explain that everything was cooked fresh to order, and there would be a slight wait. As he explained the menu to us it became clear that he is very passionate about delivering a unique dining experience, offering fresh food, exquisitely cooked, along with very attentive service and an extremely good wine list. We felt very relaxed as we waited to be ushered to our dining table, and the relatively short wait was worth it as we sat down to our first course. We all managed three courses, each one better than the last! Nothing could have been improved upon, it was all perfect. It isn't a cheap dining experience, which is why I have headed this review as 'special occasion' but having said that, we all felt that it was thoroughly worth the money, and that we had good value. I can't wait to go back, and am looking forward to taking various family members, as and when each Birthday crops up!

3  Thank JackySolihull
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We been to this restaurant on several occasions and for special occasion the food is fantastic the surrounding are very good and the staff are first class. The owner does the cooking so it is always first class it is another one of are favourites places

1  Thank richandangie
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We have visited this restaurant many times over the years most recently in April. It still has to be the best food in Worcestershire. Top quality locally sourced ingredients, superbly cooked and presented, we are never disappointed. Well thought out menus with the freshest fish dishes. The staff are always welcoming and friendly and look after us with great care and attention. The only problem is getting a table at the weekends!! We look forward to our next visit there knowing the consistency of quality we always receive.

1  Thank ShrawleyBluebell
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was taken here by my girlfriend to celebrate my birthday, having been recommended by a couple of friends who had eaten here previously.

We were told that The Venture was an excellent restaurant, and it absolutely did not disappoint one bit. From the moment we arrived into the bar area of the restaurant we were made to feel incredibly welcome by the lovely lady who seated us. Having been seated and served a drink, we were then given a couple of menus to peruse over. The gentleman (I believe he was the manager, but unfortunately am unable to remember his name - apologies) who gave us the menus was terrifically knowledgeable about all of the food and its ingredients, and helped us figure out some of the more complex dishes without any hassle whatsoever.

After ordering, we were seated just a couple of minutes before the starters came out (and given bread at the table). My starter of scallops and black pudding was absolutely to die for, and my girlfriends "Deep Fried Pigs cheek" was equally delicious!

Whilst the menu isn't huge, it did take us some time to decide what to have on both courses, and this is definitely testament to the beautiful descriptions of all of the dishes - and once again they did not disappoint.

I had the "Roast Confit of Duck with duck liver pate, and smoked mushroom jus", whilst my partner had the Pan Roast Fillet of Sea Bass with chorizo and bean cassoulet". Both dishes were cooked to absolute perfection.

Given the standard of the restaurant, both of us feared that it would be a lot of quality but very limited quantity, but after three courses (pudding was Chocolate Brownie with pistachio ice cream for me, and Iced Peach Parfait with Raspberry crumble for her), we were both full, without feeling too stuffed to move.

A couple of people I have noticed on here have made slight complaints about you having to pay for three courses irrelevant of choice - this is clearly stated on the website, so a little unfair to criticise I feel.

If I were to raise one very (very, very) small gripe, it would be that the only bitter available is in cans (Old Speckled Hen or Boddingtons), which I don't think is very fitting for a restaurant which offers the very best in every other aspect. As it was, I was happy to drink bottles of Peroni instead, so this did not detract from the evening at all.

A really, really great restaurant that I would gladly recommend to anyone, and will definitely be visiting again as soon as possible!!