“Another cracking meal!!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I can't recommend this restaurant enough. It is just perfect! Everyone we introduce to the Venture Inn want to be taken again. It is only small so weekend bookings must be made well in advance if you want a particular time. I had the duck breast for starter, monkfish on risotto for mains and a raspberry and champagne trifle for pud. It was superb. When I booked we were told that we may have to take coffee in the lounge but that was quite nice as we sat on the sofa and ate delicious little chocolates while we chatted. All in all another wonderful evening.

There are newer reviews for Venture In

Reviewed August 27, 2013

It has been too long since I last ate here, but over the years it has always been a memorable experience. The service is unobtrusive but attentive, the atmosphere civilised but lively; the food always extremely good and not over priced. For the number of times I have been to the Venture Inn, the law of averages would dictate that one person in the party might have a less than excellent meal or experience, but that has never been the case.
It is consistently excellent.

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here many times over the years and quite simply, this is consistently the best place to eat in Worcestershire. My only gripe is I don't eat here as often as I would like to as it is difficult to get a table at short notice. This is a special place.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We have been coming to the Venture Inn for 10 years or more and it is difficult to fault. We were the last to book for the Saturday so were told that it would be 9pm arrival to eat at 9.30pm- and so it was, with time for a drink first and a look at the menu. My wife had the smoked salmon as she loves the home smoked salmon prepared on the premises, whilst I had one of the specials, that I have had in the past, the carpaccio of beef with oil and parmesan- as good as ever. Then the baked cod for my wife- a portion that was bigger than her appetite but beautifully presented with potato as fish scales on top, an onion confit and white sauce. I could not resist the fillet of beef in a wine sauce, with potatoes in a stack with green veg and a small fried egg on top- original and delicious. Green veg on the side and the batter roasted carrots and parsnips washed down with a few glasses of the house Merlot and Sauvignon Blanc. No room for pud but, as has been the case for about 30 visits over 10 years- about as good as it gets. £110 for two including a glass of champagne to start felt good value with about 50% being drink.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have just had a great Sunday lunch at the Venture In. It was our Anniversary and Dad's birthday and we had a really good time. The restaurant was pleasantly cool despite a very hot day and staff were really friendly and the service was excellent. Everyone enjoyed their meals which were beautifully cooked and well-presented.

1  Thank Phil C