“Never fails to deliver!”
Review of La Bruceliere

La Bruceliere
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Issigeac
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Holt, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never fails to deliver!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed. They have the formula just right. The food is superb and the service excellent. It most certainly is the best restaurant in the area. Well done and long may you be there for us to enjoy.

• Visited November 2012

• Turkish first
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“French perfection”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We have eaten at La Bruceliere for many years and were more than a little worried when the previous owners left for pastures new and further afield. We are delighted to say that we (and all other diners in the area) are fortunate to have an even better restaurant than before with outstanding value. The main dining room is delightfully furnished and welcoming both for lunch and dinner. The ingredients are of the highest quality and treated with an assured, imaginative touch from the introductory amuse bouche to the petits fours. The menu is as has already been described with 3 or 4 choices per course with the addition of a very good wine list from which local choices can assist your exploration of local vineyards for tastings. One of the telling signs of excellence is that on our latest visit in October the restaurant was packed with local French families.

• Visited October 2012
Stokesley, United Kingdom
“What an old fool!!!”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My review has to start by registering my bewilderment at the measly 3 stars left by "anoldfool". What on EARTH does this person expect for his/her money? The only review less than 4 stars.

We sat on a beautiful terrasse (although the dining room looked very welcoming too) and I enjoyed delightful amuse bouches, a delicate prawns and mushroom starter, a perfectly cooked piece of beef with, admittedly slightly tardy vegetables, a dessert (in my case local ice creams, but the homemade puds looked delightful), petit fours, all for the price of an average steak in an average English pub. The menu had 3 or 4 choices per course.

The whole bill for 4, with a nice bottle of wine, coffees, and four glasses of kir, came to less than £110. A delightful and relaxed lunch (to remember) with pleasant and friendly hosts - one can only imagine what sort of "English" customer the oldfool must be - I expect I wouldn't have been particularly welcoming if they arrived at my home either! You know the sort!!!

Definately worth a re-visit next time in the area.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank AndyB1605
Tamworth, England, United Kingdom
“Absolutely superb”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Enjoyed two nights stay there with wonderful service and amazing food and service. Right in the centre of issigeac, and they were a very welcoming as we had just bought in the area and didn't quite know what was what! Will definitely be going again.

2 Thank Vicky B
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Absolument parfait!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

My family live close to Issegeac, so lunch at La Bruceliere after the market on Sunday is a staple. I've eaten there numerous times; my family even more, and we've never had a bad experience (since it changed hands a couple of years ago). The food has always been excellent and as I mostly choose from the set-menu, it's very reasonably priced considering the quality of the food and the wonderful service. They also bring out small pre-starters (things such as gazpacho in a small pot) and they also do the same for desert, which is a lovely touch I think , as I don't usually have desert but a little taste of something sweet is perfect! The staff are always friendly, attentive and accommodating and the atmosphere (especially say outside on a sunny day) is wonderful. It's the perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine and indulge in some delicious food. I'd recommend La Bruceliere 100%. Je n'ai rien, mais des choses merveilleuses à dire sur ce restaurant. C'est fantastique!

2 Thank Caru_hydd