“Great for a day trip” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trabolgan Holiday Village

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Trabolgan
Trabolgan Holiday Village
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Trabolgan
Cork, Ireland
“Great for a day trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Went with 2 toddlers. Only 10euro per person and under 2s are free. Great value with loads to do even on a cold or wet day. Great pool, 2 playgrounds and indoor play area. Definitely go back. Also has a camp site here which I wasn't aware of.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Eilis M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We visited trabolgan easter week, the place was fully booked but wasnt over crowded.
on arrival the staff were all very helpfull. The house was spotless clean, even when i moved a bed and a couch to make room for a cot, no dust or cob webs. Kitchen utensils are short in supply and yes the houses could do with updating but unless you grew up in bel air they do just fine. The heating system in the house was brilliant and we were never cold despite the extremly cold weather. The swimming pool was very well run and i felt that the kids were safe at all times.
The cove where the entertainment was on wasnt really my thing but the children enjoyed it. My 10 year old and his pal had a great time at the sport acitvities place and because I bought the tas bundle before we arrived it saved us a fortune. The 12 for 60euro worked out that the things were only 5 euro each. Which isnt to expensive(they are on holidays). Also use the voucher book they give you, some good deals in it. The shop has nearly everything but there is a lidl and a tesco in middleton which is only 10 minutes away. If you dont go expecting Disneyland you wont be dissappointed. It is a holiday for the kids with no frills attached but good fun to be had.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kt-bird
Dublin, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

On arrival the house was crawling with ants the house was very dirty, i was afraid to use the toilet i had to go straight down and buy bleach and scrub the whole house even after cleaning still didnt feel clean a dirty misty smell, paid for a week stay and we left after four nights and that was the kids asking to go home, save your money and go abroad, everything in it is a rip off nothing in it is free accept the pool, we seen and done everything there is to do on our second day kids got bored to easy, it was my first time and it most definitely will be my last

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank 853mickey15

Travelers are raving about these Trabolgan hotels

kilkenny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

i went to trabolgan for a midweek break last june and loved it!the kids had a great time!!we had a group of 4 adults and 4 kids,from 1 1/2 years -12years,we booked the largest house...noble fir...and was perfect!!bit dated but grand,cudnt fault it!Had 3 bedrooms,1 with double bed and un-suite,1 with 2 lots of bunk beds and the other with a double bed and a single bed!!also travel cot and high chair are available for free!!i.ve read alotof bad reviews on trip advisor and was nervous going meself but i have to say we all completely enjoyed it and would go back again no problem!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank nell_Kilkenny
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We live very close by to Trabolgan and my husband and I thought that we would bring the kids for a day out...
To my shock the place was exactly the same as it had been 20 odd years or more when my parents brought my brothers and I there as kids ... Same tiles same chairs tables in Restaurant, same crazy golf same everything except of course this time with my kids it was filthy... So disappointed and upset that's re care has not been taken care of a place in such a good location that could make a fortune if cleaned right up to the standards that people expect today of a holiday home... Such a waste :(

• Stayed June 2012
10 Thank Cazzabelle13
Tipperary, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have been going to Trabolgan for the past 8 years durning Easter holidays. 4 adults and 8 children age between 10 to 16 years of age now. We book 2 houses side by side or near by. I feel the houses need to be updated and cleaned better and this wouldn't take a lot, the outside grounds are lovely and the kids love the freedom. Last year we let some of our teens out after dark and they didn't return at the right time so we contacted the security guards on site and they were brillant they located them with 10 min. Last year (2012) we were not going to go, and do something different but all the kids were so disappointed we ended up booking again and I know the same is going to happen again this year. It a shame it the only Holiday Village in Ireland with a swimming pool and other activities. If the kids are happy then so are we.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank Breda_12
Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Omg, I wasn't prepared at all for my astonishment of what was ahead of me when I booked the trabolgan holiday centre in cork for the Halloween break.
I arrived on the Friday night of the long weekend with my husband and 2 kids looking forward to a lovely family break. I paid €440 before I got there from my laser card(yes per-pay) why did the alarm bells not go off for me then but it didn't. Firstly when I walked in to my 2 bedroom house it wasn't a house it was an apartment and it was so old and quaint looking', the walls weren't even plastered , it was painted over the block. Anyway it was so run down this chestnut apartment only for my Kids so looking forward to it I would have walked back out the door. That night the bed (let's just say the pillow and duvet cover underneath the duvet set) were not desirable. I put clothes we had brought over my pillow as I was afraid what I would pick up. Omg I had to have a few drinks the 2 nights we stayed before bedtime otherwise I would not have slept. We knew there was no breakfast and that was fine we brought our own food. Mind you the kitchen utensils were ""walking""..., anyway got up on the Saturday morning and said lets see how d activities are and everything we done we had to pay for €10 for 2 rides on go-carts( with money off coupon vouchers) by the end of the day we spent over €100 on activities and €60 on the Sunday which we thought were included in the price of the 4 night stay. The activities that attracted me to trabolgan in the first place for the kids, the Halloween themed activities were mostly on during the week and ( and on Halloween day and day after/before) so we were gone home at that stage . Anyway the client base that stayed there that weekend were so ....., common and scary for the want of a better word I would never go back there again. Words that describe this weekend experience that I would never repeat are- disgusting, makes my skin crawl and not somewhere I would ever go again....

12 Thank Moz242
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trabolgan
Fota Island Resort
Midleton Park Hotel
#1 of 2 in Midleton
Douglas
Rochestown Park Hotel

Been to Trabolgan Holiday Village? Share your experiences!