“kids loved it :)”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Trabolgan
Trabolgan Holiday Village
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Trabolgan
Reviewed February 10, 2013

i went to trabolgan for a midweek break last june and loved it!the kids had a great time!!we had a group of 4 adults and 4 kids,from 1 1/2 years -12years,we booked the largest house...noble fir...and was perfect!!bit dated but grand,cudnt fault it!Had 3 bedrooms,1 with double bed and un-suite,1 with 2 lots of bunk beds and the other with a double bed and a single bed!!also travel cot and high chair are available for free!!i.ve read alotof bad reviews on trip advisor and was nervous going meself but i have to say we all completely enjoyed it and would go back again no problem!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank nell_Kilkenny

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We live very close by to Trabolgan and my husband and I thought that we would bring the kids for a day out...
To my shock the place was exactly the same as it had been 20 odd years or more when my parents brought my brothers and I there as kids ... Same tiles same chairs tables in Restaurant, same crazy golf same everything except of course this time with my kids it was filthy... So disappointed and upset that's re care has not been taken care of a place in such a good location that could make a fortune if cleaned right up to the standards that people expect today of a holiday home... Such a waste :(

• Stayed: June 2012
10  Thank Cazzabelle13
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have been going to Trabolgan for the past 8 years durning Easter holidays. 4 adults and 8 children age between 10 to 16 years of age now. We book 2 houses side by side or near by. I feel the houses need to be updated and cleaned better and this wouldn't take a lot, the outside grounds are lovely and the kids love the freedom. Last year we let some of our teens out after dark and they didn't return at the right time so we contacted the security guards on site and they were brillant they located them with 10 min. Last year (2012) we were not going to go, and do something different but all the kids were so disappointed we ended up booking again and I know the same is going to happen again this year. It a shame it the only Holiday Village in Ireland with a swimming pool and other activities. If the kids are happy then so are we.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank Breda_12
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Omg, I wasn't prepared at all for my astonishment of what was ahead of me when I booked the trabolgan holiday centre in cork for the Halloween break.
I arrived on the Friday night of the long weekend with my husband and 2 kids looking forward to a lovely family break. I paid €440 before I got there from my laser card(yes per-pay) why did the alarm bells not go off for me then but it didn't. Firstly when I walked in to my 2 bedroom house it wasn't a house it was an apartment and it was so old and quaint looking', the walls weren't even plastered , it was painted over the block. Anyway it was so run down this chestnut apartment only for my Kids so looking forward to it I would have walked back out the door. That night the bed (let's just say the pillow and duvet cover underneath the duvet set) were not desirable. I put clothes we had brought over my pillow as I was afraid what I would pick up. Omg I had to have a few drinks the 2 nights we stayed before bedtime otherwise I would not have slept. We knew there was no breakfast and that was fine we brought our own food. Mind you the kitchen utensils were ""walking""..., anyway got up on the Saturday morning and said lets see how d activities are and everything we done we had to pay for €10 for 2 rides on go-carts( with money off coupon vouchers) by the end of the day we spent over €100 on activities and €60 on the Sunday which we thought were included in the price of the 4 night stay. The activities that attracted me to trabolgan in the first place for the kids, the Halloween themed activities were mostly on during the week and ( and on Halloween day and day after/before) so we were gone home at that stage . Anyway the client base that stayed there that weekend were so ....., common and scary for the want of a better word I would never go back there again. Words that describe this weekend experience that I would never repeat are- disgusting, makes my skin crawl and not somewhere I would ever go again....

19  Thank Moz242
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been to Trabolgan for 6 yrs in a row. my kids absolutely love it. The houses are dated (I've stayed in all accommodation types) and are very basic, but the fully equipped kitchen is really handy so you can bring your own food if your on a budget. The houses are big so the central heating is great and doesn't cost extra, anytime I've had a problem with the house they come up straight away to fix it. They have everything for kids. The entertainment is a bit repetitive but the kids love it. The day time activities are great there is loads to do. Trabolgan is great for a family short break, I would recommend going at off peak times as prices are more reasonable. I would recommend going around Halloween time.

Room Tip: All houses are very spacious and close the main center.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Lisa05_12
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We went to Trabolgan for four nights Monday to Thursday inclusive for four of us for 250 Euro, we had a nice clean modern enough bungalow with everything one needs for self catering. The holiday village is about five miles from Middelton and set in many acres of well mentained parklands with all kind of activities for all ages. There is a very good swimming pool with a good enough water slide and although it was September it was nice and warm in the pool and around the seating area of the pool. There are two resteraunts and two bars in the complex with free entertainment every night for the family. The takeaway or eat in resteraunt was cheap and cheerful and we had no complaints. To sum up I would say Trabolgan is good value for money just try and keep the kids outn of the amusement arcades them machines eat money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Frank E
Reviewed October 2, 2012

arrived for 3 night stay with my family including 19mth old. On arrival went to use toilet and found it leaked. It was repaired but the floor was left wet where it had leaked and it smelled.Requested a cot it was so unstable we had to bring child into bed. House had fusty smell. Had to remove a load of spiders/webs. Ate in sally o haras so called restaurant worst food ever. The food was freezing when it arrived and dried up. We checked out @ 10 on the Mon morning and we had planned on staying for the day, was advised it all closed @ 12. We met quite a few people that morning who were also unaware of this and had intended to stay for the day. The arcades are a complete rip off. It cost about 25€ for a florrie teddy with tickets, which only cost 10€ in shop. After paying 510€ for 3 nights was not happy with the amount we had to pay extra. Would not recommend
M.M

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Marena M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trabolgan
Fota Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Fota Island
Commodore Hotel
#3 of 4 in Cobh
Montenotte
The Montenotte Hotel
Garryvoe Hotel
#1 of 1 in Garryvoe

Been to Trabolgan Holiday Village? Share your experiences!