“Amazing pub and friendly staff”
Review of The Chairmakers

The Chairmakers
Ranked #19 of 81 Restaurants in Waterlooville
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: If you're looking to flee the city, there's no better pub than The Chairmakers. Surrounded by rolling fields and historic buildings in Worlds End, Hambledon, it’s the perfect place to unwind with your favourite drink and something from our mouth-watering menu.
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I visit the chairmakers quite often with my husband and 3 children and on reading some of these reviews I think the people have got confused with another pub!! It has excellent food and I have never tasted anything which resembles microwaved or pre packed like your average run of the mill pub. It is has always tasted fresh and full of flavour with plenty to choose from. The setting is beautiful and always warm in the winter with the log fires burning. They have a lovely little play area which my two girls enjoy and the staff are always friendly and more than helpful. The carvery is the best I have tasted yet not like your average carvery houses where everything is prepacked and cooked from frozen it is always fresh here changing the vegatables every week so you never get bored. To top it all off there is always an event of some sort whether its a charity night, singers, beer festivals, discos or the pub quiz there is something for everyone. I would highly recommend the chairmakers for amazing food or just a nice drink!!! This is definatly a great family run public house.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Been here several times over the years but latest visit was disappointing - to the extent I need to write about it. Wednesday night is Carvery night and following good experience we decided to go again - but wish we hadn't. Food was very poor as was the service and got told we could not get more roast potatoes as you only get one visit to the counter. We all felt neither the beef nor the pork was cooked fully and the roasties looked burnt although they turned out to be OK. Poor veg choice - RED CABBAGE? SWEDE? Boiled Onions? Might suit some but not us or several other customers who were clearly disappointed as well - not all about the carvery it seemed!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

we have been going here for a few years now we have also had many parties here, and can recommend its the best pub to eat, the staff are very friendly and helpful thanks to the management i have been looking at other comments and very disgusted of what other people have written i think a bit of jealousy comes to mind from other establishments if this is the case dont try competing with the best thanks for taking time to read the truth

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have been going to The Chairmakers over 25 years now, seen many come and go bar staff and so called regular customers. In this time I have never had a bad meal ever.. Now the current management running the place have the place running as country pub should be. With the Carvey on Wednesday and Sundays also for private hire??. A massive bouns of great food and I can tell you all I sit there with Gods brew the good old HSB and I watch the customers pilling on the food from the carvey so high on there plates almost pig like, but it takes allsorts i guess, so that in its self speaks volumes of the foods quality. Then I read on here some negitive comments they are so wrong and miss guilded I even think they must be from other establishments racked with jealous minds as they just cannot compete. Sorry they are so so wrong. Granted the staff here are only human, but some of the customers tuck the food away well like *** I will leave my rant there, hey thanks for reading this..

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Sunday roast, greeted by to lovely ladies at door and shown to our table. Bar staff busy but friendly and polite, wasn't waiting to long as it was a busy Sunday.
We had the carvery and couldn't fault it. Beef & pork was gorgeous, roast spuds were crunchy but fluffy in middle, big Yorkshire puds, even managed to get a bowl with extra spuds from the chef. Good selection of veg, gravy and sauces. I couldn't fault and if honest I loaded my plate up.
If you can't be bothered to cook your own roast on a Sunday then go here. It is very busy but if you can show me a pub that isn't busy with great food then let me know. Microwave cooking your joking, previous reviews have wrong place.