“Christmas meal”

The Chairmakers
Ranked #13 of 80 Restaurants in Waterlooville
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: If you're looking to flee the city, there's no better pub than The Chairmakers. Surrounded by rolling fields and historic buildings in Worlds End, Hambledon, it’s the perfect place to unwind with your favourite drink and something from our mouth-watering menu.
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Went to the Chairmakers for a pre-Christmas lunch with our local friendship club. The staff were very helpful as we were a large group and had gifts for all the members they let us in early morning to add touches to the tables. The staff were terrific all day. Part of the meal was from a carvery style lunch and they assisted some of our elder members getting their food.
I cannot say a bad thing about the Chairmakers every single single member of our club enjoyed the day. We are already planning this years Christmas outing at the Chairmakers.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

About a year ago due to the decline of my families favourite public house we ventured over to the Chairmakers for the first time and what a good decision that was. I now frequently visit with my family and I am yet to be disappointed. Service is always excellent with the staff always having a smile on their face eager to please, above and beyond appears to come as standard. Food as well whether we chose from the standard menu, carvery or the specials it is always superb, especially considering the price. The events they run are also good fun, very excited about the up coming summer ball! Would recommend to anyone, whether in a big party or by yourself!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Took my dad here for his 80th birthday with our family, as he used to go to the pub many years ago. Having not been there in a while we were pleasantly surprised to see the pub looked really nice! Smart and clean on the inside, and still has the unspoilt views from the garden!

I cant fault the meal, we had great service throughout and the staff were very helpful, even singing happy birthday to my dad.

Would very much recommend this lovely country pub!

1  Thank LouisOliver
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I use to come here with my grandfather when I was a child. It was great then and going back 25 years later it was still great. We had the Sunday carvery, so good. A great choice and the veg selection fantastic. The chef serving behind the counter was very helpful indeed. End result was six very stuffed people.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Dined there Friday 24th August. Where to start, whitebait starter was over cooked. Mains, Fish and chips, fish was all batter, greasy and little fish. Salmon main had a salt crust and was very dry, no sauce came with the salmon but was offered tartare sauce! Ordered a cauliflower cheese side dish which didn't turn up, pointed out to waitress and one arrived a couple of minutes later, looked like someone had put some grated cheese on to some cauliflower and put under grill. Posh mixed grill, steak was beaten flat, over cooked and very tough, egg appeared not to have any white! Chips were soggy as was the mash. Had a side order of cheesy garlic bread that was the star of the show, bit sad really. Complained to manager and were offered free puddings, ice cream was good but the sticky toffee pudding was barely warm, dry with no sticky toffee sauce, the accompanying custard was cold, hadn't the heart to complain again. Someone really needs to get a handle on the kitchen in this place or at least teach the staff how to use a microwave! Now understand why the restaurant was not full on the Friday of a Bank Holiday weekend.

4  Thank Derrick H