See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Lovely Host, Beautiful House, Fantastic Food, Highly Recommended, Heather was a wonderful host and went out of her way to make us feel so comfortable and so welcome, We had a long trip from Australia and traveled with our two children and Heather our host, cooked the most fantastic dinner and breakfast. We will definitely stay here again. It was just perfect. Great access to local ski fields.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EngelbergAndy
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Sorry for this late review as I have just found this place on trip advisor we stayed here for 2 nights as a base for exploring the Canterbury ski fields in August. We had previously been staying at the backpackers (which I would not recommend see my review) and were looking for other options and stumbled upon Annavale Downs which was a pleasant surprise. The two hosts could not do enough to make our stay as comfortable as possible and they gave us the run of the place. The hosts were great company and seemed to enjoy having us stay. The bed was very comfortable (good linen and fluffy towels). The room we stayed in did not have an ensuite though the bathroom was just adjacent to the room and included a large bath. One of the hosts used to be a chef so I can definately recommend the breakfasts. The location is just out of the main town an a small farm to far to walk into town though just a short drive. This is definately one of the best B&B's I have stayed mainly due to the incrediably nice hosts!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends