Open today: 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM

from $340.00
More Info
from $500.00
More Info
All reviews rice fields mr thien recommend this place dong van motorbike tour waterfall culture homestay english mountains hiking
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2018

Beautiful and sweet little village with some cut homestays. Too bad we couldn't find anything quick to eat there with a beautiful view on the rice fields.
The owners told us we have to tell them a bit earlier so they can be ready and buy what is needed. :)

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed June 26, 2018

I stayed at Mr Thien's homestay with his family and I had the best 2 weeks exploring the village and taking part in traditional activities.

The village itself is located near the Ha Giang Bus stop making it very easy to get to. Likewise, it is situated near a town as well where you can find everything you need. Nonetheless, it is likely that Mr Thien will have it in the house as he is equipped with everything! The house is surrounded my nature and it is a beautiful sight to wake up to every morning for 2 weeks. I went late June so I was able to see the transition between the yellow fields of rice to the harvested fields.

Keen to learn about the culture, Mr Thien was happy to teach me, which was also made easier by his excellent English. I was able to harvest rice, go hiking up the many mountains near the village, go fishing, weave the traditional baskets and learn about the different vegetation/crops that were used for cooking and medicine, as well as help cooking!!. I was always up to something or otherwise relaxing on the hammock having a laugh with Mrs Thien. When it got really hot, there's a waterfall nearly 30 minutes away where you can go swimming in.

I couldn't recommend this place any more. The family and village are all so hospitable and open to any guests. They also offer motorbike tours with a local English speaking tour guide to Dong Van which is also worth going to. If you want to experience hands on the day to day village life, this is the place to be!!

Date of experience: June 2018
2  Thank Kristie T
Reviewed June 21, 2018

The locals were super nice and refused to accept my money after having me over for lunch. It was so peaceful and perfect.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed June 8, 2018

We had a day to spend in Ha Giang. This was close and was surprisingly beautiful. If you are in the area I highly recommend strolling around this village.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed April 14, 2018

A chance to experience day-to-day village life.'we stayed three nights. Mrs Dung prepared delicious meals and took us for a day out to visit her daughter's village where we had lunch! Peanut brittle was a hi-light! Mrs Dung's English is limited so we had to become creative with our communication skills.

Date of experience: April 2018