Open today: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing trip around Ha Giang

We were with Ai for 5 days travelling around Ha Giang. Ai is a fantastic guide to travel with. He... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
530dennyc
Canberra, Australia
via mobile
Absolutely stunning natural beauty with the best tour guide ever!

Reviewed September 12, 2019
juhikabra
Brooklyn, New York

All reviews ai region english homestays roads guide loop vietnam motorbike
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were with Ai for 5 days travelling around Ha Giang.

Ai is a fantastic guide to travel with. He is so energetic, fun, friendly and informative, and without him I'm sure our trip would have been no where near as good.

He knows so much about the different ethnic groups in Vietnam, farming practices and he personally knows so many of the local people, which added a very nice touch.

I would highly recommend these guys to anyone.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 12, 2019

We were in Vietnam for 12 days and went to five towns/cities and this was our absolute favorite part! Ai (owner of Ha Giang Local Tours) is absolutely incredible. First of all, his English is excellent (which was not true for a lot of the other tour guides we met along the journey). In addition to that, he was super friendly, very knowledgeable, and made us feel like family from the moment we met him. We chose to do the 2 day Ha Giang Loop tour because we were constrained for time but I highly recommend 3-4 days if at all possible. We definitely felt a little bit rushed and wished we could have spent more time at each location. The spot that they had us stay in Dong Van overnight was a very nice hostel with spacious en-suite rooms with A/C and little balconies. All of the food we had with Ai and team was delicious as well - always a lovely family style lunch or dinner where he would go out of his way to accommodate my dietary restrictions (I don't eat pork or beef, which is a big deal in Vietnam). Overall, the value of the tour was insane - we easily would have paid double for everything that was included! I know there are many tour options out there for the Ha Giang Loop but I really cannot recommend Ai and Ha Giang Local Tours enough.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed August 4, 2019

I have been riding motorcycle for 20 years and this was the best trip ever. Amazing destination, amazing roads, amazing people...what can you ask more!

Highly highly highly recommend this trip to all motorcycle lovers (beginners can ride with a guide)

You will have the time of your life!

Date of experience: June 2019
Ái H, Người quản lý at Ha Giang Local Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2019

Dear, PatrickCarle !

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our service. It is always heartwarming to hear that our service was appreciated. Thank you for choosing to do your trip with us. We hope you enjoy your future travels and you visit us again soon in Ha Giang, Vietnam!

Reviewed July 25, 2019

You can see northern Vietnam, but to live it, there's nothing like talking to those who are there, who know it, who love it. Ha Giang Local Tours is definitely the best service. Serious, professional, honest and very helpful, Hoang Ai is the best guide of the region that he knows as the bottom of his pocket. The proposed activities are tailored to the clientele and flexibility reassures. I used the services of Ha Giang Local Tours twice and can only recommend it.

Date of experience: January 2019

Dear, Jean T !

Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

I was really happy to choose the offer and do the Ha Giang Loop with this company. I did a 3 day tour. Everything was organised well and professonal. King Kong - my driver and guide was very friendly, spoke great English, he had a good motorbike, drove very safe and was telling me all the stories about Vietnam and local people and their life in the villages. It was important for me that the guide speaks good English since I did the tour alone. He took a very good care of me. Also the homestays and hotel we stayed at were great and comfortable. Delicious meals and water included. Thanks a lot!

Date of experience: May 2019
Ha giang l, Owner at Ha Giang Local Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2019

Dear, Anna!

Thank you so much for choosing to do your trip with us and taking the time to review our service. It is always heartwarming to hear that our service was appreciated. Please keep in touch, we really hope to see you again. We believe you will have more and more wonderful trips on your way. Take care.

Ha Giang Local Tours