All reviewsthe loopjadereceptionisttoiletbikebustourhostelbedsvietnam
Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

It was one of the worst experiences I had in the last seven months of backpacking.
I booked three nights there. When I arrived I meet to people that invited me to go to do the Ha Giang Looping. I was not supposed to do, but I decided to go with them.
So, we checked the motorcycles from the hostel and we didn't like. So, we went to see another place. We found a good place that had insurance (something that Ha Giang Backpackers didn't have) and we decided to rent the bikes in that other place.
I went back to the hostel and said that I would sleep that night there and the other 2 nights I would use after go back from the looping and they said that I could store the luggage with them.
When I came back from the looping the staff was acting strange with me. After I did the check in I went down to ask about my backpack and then the craziest happened. They charged me 100.000 VND for the luggage. Yes, they LIED.

And I ask why. He said "because you didn't rent our bikes". I said that it was crazy because I was still a guest from there. And anyway: it is my money, so I decide where to spend it. But they said I should pay.
I paid and I had 2 more nights there, but I decided to left instead of beeing treated like a rat. I was doing a low budget trip 12 dollars a day, but it really pissed me of.
I don't reccomend anyone to rent bikes there. They lie, they treat you very bad if you don't rent their bikes and they charge for the coffee in the breakfast (so it's half true when they say breakfast is included).
Guys, don't think about "oh it's cheap anyway" or "yeah but they earn money with the bikes". It is not only about money. It is about keeping your words, about values, about not liying to your customers, it is about ethics.

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here before & after the Ha Giang Loop and enjoyed the hostel.
The room had a good size & was clean. Beds are comfy, A.C. & Wi-Fi worked perfectly. Breakfast was just correct.
One thing, we rented 2 automatic motorbikes at the place & mine broke down twice... Duc was available to assist however I'd have appreciate more help at some point: he promised they would come on the road to help us if we had any problem but when I broke down, he said I was too far and had to come back on my own taking a bus with the motorbike... Luckily after a second repair, I could drive back to HG. I ended not not finishing the loop as I was frustrating to have lost that much time for repairs...
As seen on many reviews on booking.com, there was often no toilet paper, we had to go down the stairs many times to ask for it, a bit annoying.
Good location.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

I don't have a correct representation on the atmosphere here since it was deserted after the floods and also out of season. The Aircon was quite weak rooms were clean, no soap dispensers in bathroom, location is good, stay is cheap but they make their money on consumptions that are considerably more expensive than comparable places. No coffee or juice included in breakfast. Would not be my first choice upon returning.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
Ha Giang B, Chủ sở hữu at Ha Giang Backpackers hostel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2018

Thanks for review.
Sory for anything.Because when you come Ha Giang has suffered a flood of history. Before you come we has recommend for everyone comeback and never try to do the loop.
And for the price. I think every one dinks or service we all is has public for price. For sure our pirices will more expensive with others place. Why more expensive i think you can looking again for have answer.

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

Arrived in Ha Giang by bus at 5am and was walking around looking for a hostel that was open. This place opened around 6 and the non English speaking staff I dealt with were really lovely and tried to be as helpful as possible so I decided to stay. The place was clean and rooms nice with air con. The breakfast was pretty terrible. Only choice of bread w egg or pancakes. In Asia, I expect to at least have the option of Asian breakfast...the hostel also advertised free water on booking.com, but in reality they wouldn’t allow you to refill your bottle. The English speaking staff certainly weren’t as friendly and helpful as the non English speaking. On the plus side, was cheap.

Reviewed June 7, 2018

Even it is a hostel with constantly guests coming in and out the owners give you the feeling you are at home.
We did a 12-hour mountain bike tour, lost the way and managed to get back to town in the dark with lots of rain. The first question of the owner was how our day was. :-)
When we explained how exhausting it was, he recommended to take a hot shower first and then worry about checking in.
They are extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Ha Giang B, Người quản lý at Ha Giang Backpackers hostel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2018