“Simple”

Klana Resort Seremban
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Nilai
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Not to expensive..
Very affordable and convenient...
Staff are friendly and helpful

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 6, 2010

We were allocated to stay at the Allson Klana Hotel as part of Malaysian Airlines ‘free’ stopover hotel. I would describe this ‘hotel’ as worse than any backpacker hostel I ever stayed in; in fact it is the worst place I have ever stayed in. I think it is an insult that Malaysia Airlines continue to send customers here despite such negative feedback on this website and customers writing to complain to them.

I emailed to complain and attached the following photos, after 3 weeks I still had not received a response, so I went into the office in Adelaide, Australia to say I had complained and no one had responded. I then received a response from Malaysia Airlines saying... “We will definitely pursue this matter with the particular hotel as we in Malaysia Airlines always persevere to maintain and uphold our 5Star MH Status” and that was the last I heard from them.

The fact there are people on tripadvisor that have wrote appalling reviews on this hotel and have said over 2 years ago they have contacted Malaysian Airlines about this, clearly shows they are not interested in pursuing this matter or listening to their customers.

The Hotel is next door but one to a 24 hour McDonalds, so there is constant traffic and noise from people all night.

When we arrived at the hotel, the hotel bar was next to reception and there was karaoke taking place and the music was very loud. I asked when we were allocated our room that we were not above the karaoke bar and we would not hear the noise, they assured us we would not hear the noise which was true, because the old fashioned air conditioning in our room was so loud it drowned out the karaoke noise!

We stayed in room 423. The standard of the room was appalling. The enamel was all peeled off the toilet seat, there was mould along the bathroom sink, the shower had broken tiles and just looked terrible, the sheet on the bed had cigarette burns in it and the valance along the bottom of the bed was all stained. We have attached photos of the state of the room.

At 2.30 am we were woke up by loud shouting and people banging doors. It seemed to be a group of young people such as university students or a tour all travelling together. I went out into the corridor and asked them to be quiet and explained we were trying to sleep.

The quality of the food for breakfast looked poor and knowing we had to then sit on a flight for 13 hours we decided to eat only toast, so we didn’t get ill during the flight.

If it had been pointed out to us that this is the standard of the ‘free’ accommodation, then we would have kindly turned down the offer and stayed in the transit hotel in KL airport.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JessicaBerry
Reviewed January 4, 2010

Quite simply this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! It was booked for us as a gratis room following a change of flights by Air Malaysia - as an airline they are fine, but as hotel bookers they obviously do not vlaue their customers in any way. The hotel is over an hour's drive from KL and still some distance from the airport - there is nothing around it - except for a largish supermarket where we got some food rather than eat in the dirty, smelly hotel restaurant. Rooms were awful - dirty, mouldy and in more than dire need of a makeover - and the airconditioning didn't work in the room.
The area outside of the hotel is completely rundown with several derelict building in the immediate vicinity. We had been staying in KL anyway at another hotel, had I realised the standard of this hotel there is no way I would have moved to this hotel EVER. If you are offered this hotel by Air Malaysia for a free night it would be well worth your while to turn it down and spend £25 on somewhere you could sleep in clean sheets without putting your bags in front of the doors.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Jules-and-Lloyd
Reviewed December 31, 2009

I think the confussion arised from two hotels.. one the alson klana resort which is pretty good and the the hotel at putra nilai which is absolute garbage..set in pretty much horrible surroundings the interior of thealson klana putra niliai hotel does not fare any better. I was put up there by Malaysian Airlines who goofed up my flights in the first place. Expecting at least a half decent hotel I was shocked to see the worse than a motel standard lobby and the same with the rooms. so travellers beware..!! Wont be travelling with Malaysian Airlines if they dont fix their choice of "hotels".

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FredBread
Reviewed December 23, 2009

travel agent in KLIA recommended this 'hotel' saying MAS transit passengers stay here. it was a night in hell - my room had cockroaches and bed bugssssss crawling out from everywhere! Even in the shower room - hotel said no more available room and they refused to refund my money! Avoid this hell hole ...just spend the night in the airport..i am still traumatised from the experience

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank borneo09
Reviewed November 15, 2009

This was our rest stop provided by Maylsian Airlines on our way home from Vietnam. We where truely shocked by the state of the room. Firstly we arrived at about 10pm the doorman watches as you stuggle with your bags you get told where your room is so you head up in the lift arriving at a very hot, smelly and stuffy corridor where all other guests are struggling to open thier doors with worn old key cards. Finally you enter your room, watch where you walk or you could cut your feet on broken tiles your put your k/card into the slot 3/4 times before the electricity works. Then you see the mould in the bathroom don't believe me ive attached photos. The fridge door is open fridge running frezzer iced up and fridge filthy, no water. Tea and coffee bags and cups, no kettle. Dirty net curtains 1 metre too long for the window. We look out the window to see the view and note no handle or lock (we are on the 4th floor Dont bring your Kids thats Dangerous) Well better use the Loo and try to get some sleep, oh that dosnt work!!! Call down to reception and say "Oh Hello its room 414 our toilet dosent apear to be working" the phone hangs up" we sit wondering what next. 10 min later a young man comes to fix the loo. He goes in and out not saying what is happening after a few visits he says it is working leves the room covered in water wipes his hands on one of our towels and leaves (no face washers or bath mat provided). At 11.45 pm housekeeping knocks on the door with complimenty water and wants us to fill out a survey on what we think of the hotel strait away!! Ha. Beds where clean so we climbed in. Taps in bathroom dripped alnight. We where up at 5.45 we recieved a wake-up call at six we did not ask for this but clearly they want you out so they take no chances. Breakfast was horrible, layed out in a dirty resturant we coulnt even look out the windows they where so dirty. Big bowls of jam slopped all down side and onto scrunched table cloths, no butter unless you ask, then you would think you had asked for caviar. No eggs! bake beans floating in a very watery soup, Juices where watery cordial and you had to sort through the glasses to find a clean one. All the hot local food dishes where cold as none of the warmer burners were lit. just yuk... A big sign said "dont waist food". We waited to eat at the airport. Last words! Dont go here! staff are rude. check my photos!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LIZandELT
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Thankfully this was free however if I had a choice I would of paid not to stay here, this was a stopover for one night with meals incl.
We had a limited choice for each meal and the food quality was poor. The rooms were small and run down, at about 1am I thought there was a rock band in the next room, however believed this noise to be coming from the delightful bar downstairs.
Not a great experience and one that was worthy complaining to our travel agent about, I would hope if you were paying to stay there it costs you very little.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kiwiflier23
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nilai
the youniQ Hotel
Sai Villa Hotel
Sai Villa Hotel
#4 of 10 in Nilai
Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport

Been to Klana Resort Seremban? Share your experiences!