“Absolute dump - avoid at all costs”

The Aston Hotel Putra Nilai
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Nilai
Brisbane, Australia
“Absolute dump - avoid at all costs”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We missed a connection on Air Asia and this was the 4 star hotel they put us up in for 2 nights. After some beautiful hotels in Vietnam to arrive at this smelly, leaky dump at 2 am was very distressing. We made it through the first night and asked to be moved. Level 5 at least does not smell as bad and the carpets may pass as clean.

We couldn't charge our phones as there were no connectors, the A/C was loud. Maintenance was limited and after a mishap with a power point we were concerned for our safety. Someon drives a Lamborghini to the office each day so maybe that's where all the maintenance and housekeeping budget has been spent. What a dump, I will never go back!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Indonesian first
Crescent Head, Australia
Reviewed April 3, 2013

After a very tiring day we attempted to check into the Tune Hotel but it was fully booked and they suggested the travel agent next door. We went there and were given the option ( only option) of the Aston. Normally we would book ahead but for one reason or anotherour plans fell apart and we were therefore at the mercy of this agent. We checked into the Aston. About 15 minutes from KL LCCT Airport. The room appeared cleanish but older style. We had an early start so got to bed reasonably early but we were woken a few hours later with bed bug bites. We located a bedbug which would have to be the biggest I have ever seen about the size of a pea. We rang the front office and requested a new room which they gave us but did not appear to understand our problem. We moved to the new room probably better termed an even older, sad looking room and attempted to go to sleep. As you can imagine this did not happen. No more bugs but lots of scratching. We gave up as we had to go to the airport at 3.00am we went a little earlier. As we would miss the breakfast the hotel offered to pack our breakfast for us which we thought was nice until we opened the box. I stale croissant, 1 piece of chocolate cake cake and I apple.
Unimpressed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Judit731

Travelers are raving about these Nilai hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My group and I had to stay here because we could not find cheaper accomodation near enough to the Sepang circuit. This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in.

My friends and I called room service for extra towels several times over a few hours but to no avail. We had to head down to the reception to demand for towels before the staff there did anything. Even worse was that the one person there looked sleepy and he was definitely the one who had picked up our calls earlier.

The interior of the hotel was outdated and in serious need of an upgrade. The room itself was terrible and had a dingy feel to it. Some of the wooden panes on the wardrobe in the room was broken. The toilet was not very clean. There was dirt between the tiles of the shower area. Fixtures on the walls were broken and were being in place by TAPE. The air-con was not working. So many things were wrong about the rooms.

Needless to say, I will probably never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank paperatlas
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed March 22, 2013

One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. I am a 4 star plus person and ended up having to stay here because of a missed flight connection and no rooms in KL because of the formula 1 race. I would never stay here again because of the location smell and nose.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank vickidfenton
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Having stayed there before many times, quite sometime ago, I took to stay two nights on a working trip. Aston Putra Nilai formerly Allson Kelana used to be slightly better.
After a name change in 2012, the hotel took to the worse. Try staying in room 106, you would not want to stay there again. The carpet in the room was very dusty and smelly. Don't test the room carpets. Just walk along the walkway to all the rooms, the smell will kill your appetite and one can develop a migraine.
The room windows would not close, so you get the outside noise especially roaring motor cycles. The bathroom door is slanted and would not close at all, leave alone locking it. I complained about the air conditioner not being cold, the maintenance crew came and just touched here and there and yet it was no colder throughout my stay. So I did not get my quality sleep after all.
My wife had to take refuge at the nearby supermarkets (Giant and Tesco).
The bathroom was something that belong to 1970s. The bidet spayed water all over the bathroom floor, and with no floor mat or towel, it was very slippery. Twice I slipped in the bathroom. Finally the maintenance crew came and changed the hose. The cistern of the toilet bowl was leaking 24 hours and yet they could not be bothered to stop the running water.
At breakfast, coffee was finished and not replenished and I blew hot air (angry). I was told by the staff that there were only two kitchen staff on duty. There was a seminar going on. With an enlarged crowd, they should engage extra hands to overcome the shortage.
Food was poor in presentation and the same goes for taste.
The wifi had to be reset again and again after each misconnection.
The second day, the housekeeping staff did not replenish the bottled water.
When I called the reception, I was told they ran out of stock.
At check-out on the third day, again, I asked for two bottled water due to me in my room for the day before. Again the reception sang the same song "We are out of bottled water". I told the reception staff that it was not about money but the principle. I demanded that the manager be told of my demand, they finally got someone wearing a tie to hand me two bottles. This person politely told me "this is the bottled water that you asked for".
Politely I told him off that I did not ask for the bottled water but I asked for what the "hotel owes me for the second day of stay"
On the second night a senior aged person was somewhat talking at high pitch that the lights and the microphone were not in working condition for the seminar. He demanded the manager answer his grouses. The maintenance staff got to the job but I never saw the manager maybe because it was already 9.00pm.
From the housekeeping, security, coffee house and the reception staff, not one was apologetic and no one knew how to smile or greet a guest (who pays their salary).

Finally we settled the score and I guess that it would be the last time I patronise the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ahmad H
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This place is basic and serves a purpose. That's being kind! Rooms are fine size-wise, decor is outdated at best and breakfast average. The aircon in our room was not good and the room was relatively warm at all times. The shower was pretty good. It's a decent location for getting to the F1 track for any event which might be on. That's the only reason I can think that you'd want to stay here. In the vicinity there are some little coffee shops, a restaurant and shops. Little else I can say about the place other than it is a relatively forgettable experience. As the title says - functional!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank FKSG
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Well I'm here and I feel like an alien. No one smiles or tells you about Internet and what time breakfast is. We must be amusing to everyone else. The room is ok for $80. It's very ordinary yet the bed is clean.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nilai
No photo provided
#4 of 14 in Sepang
the youniQ Hotel
the youniQ Hotel
#6 of 14 in Sepang

Been to The Aston Hotel Putra Nilai? Share your experiences!