“"peaceful landscape but a little remote"”

Nilai Springs Resort Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Nilai
Brugg, Switzerland
“"peaceful landscape but a little remote"”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

First of all the Hotel with a peaceful landscape is located in the suburbs of Nilai, a nice peaceful area, to remote for my taste but a good choice when u 're planning a business trip in this region.
The rooms were spacious as well the bathroom had a good size, equipped with a rainforest shower, cleanliness was more or less okey. WiFi was only available on certain levels and in the Hotels huge Lobby. Disappointing was the selection of a few TV-Channels. Breakfast was okey but nothing special and could be easy improved by offering a better choice of fruits and cheese. Impressive was the huge kinder water play park, which is great for toddlers as well the large pool allowed to swim lengths for adults. The Golf course looked well maintained to me although I never played a round myself.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed at the nilai springs for a stopover and wanted something close to the airport. As first time travellers we called the hotel to check booking and airport transfer as none of our emails were answered and they assured us all was good. We arrive at klia and no hotel transfer!!! Finally hours later found taxi and made our way to hotel, when we arrived there was no booking for us and they just shrugged when we told them there was no transfer waiting for us - they could not have cared less!!!! We were made to feel extremely uncomfortable for complaining and staff remained rude to us for the remainder of our stay. The room was a good size but beds hard and shower had no hot water and dirty soap in it. The next morning our phone rang at 4am and we asked for wake up call at 6am. The attendant never came to bring our luggage down and when we went to reception to complain they laughed and also denied calling our room!!! This hotel had zero atmosphere we only saw a couple of other guests the whole time, no one in restaurant or bar. When we arrived home they had double charged us for the room! Si had to try to deal with their incompetant staff and management yet again!!!! This is all after such an amazing hotel experience in phuket!!!! We would definately never stay here and issue a warning to other travellers to be very wary and to stay elsewhere!!

• Stayed April 2012

Travelers are raving about these Nilai hotels

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Stayed here at beginning and end of our Thailand via KL holiday for a total of three nights. I was surprised more people weren't using this hotel as a stopover option. It is one of the nearest areas to the Airport and if you don't have long in KL and don't fancy a trip into the Centre it is a good option.

We had three children with us who really enjoyed the small waterpark. The Hotel is clean and spacious in a lovely Golf Course setting. The grounds were very relaxing after a long flight, and I preferred it to a City Centre setting for getting over jet lag. If you are there for a long stay though, probably a bit isolated. Service is average as is the food, rooms comfortable but nothing special - bit of a corporate feel to them.

I would definitely consider it again as a KL stopover. Overall 3.5 out of 5.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank roebuck01
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Nice people but no idea of what Westerners want. Only cold house white wine available.The rest of the wine list was only available warm.
6 Cognacs on the bar list but only 2 available throughout our stay.
Worst breakfast selection ,only 2 fruits etc. I could go on but suffice to say that I may never return to Malaysia as a result of this experience.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DougWest88
Australia
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Stayed here one night compliments of Air Asia because of delays to one of their flights. Room was spacious but smelled a bit musty. Clean enough I have to say. Dinner and breakfast ok but some food was cold and that is not acceptable for me. Staff good and quite attentive. Far from everything though. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012
Singapore
Reviewed November 22, 2011

The rooms are pretty basic althought the deluxe room had a nice balcony. For deluxe, still 3* at most. There is absolutely nothing anywhere near this place so if you go there, you are stuck there. The ramadan breaking of fast buffet in the evening was very good though, but that was the only food available there. Breakfast was ok but nothign special.
I did some work from the hotel and the internet connection was ok and there was enough desk space too.
If you are going there for golf, rather got to Marriot Putrajaya where you can have golf and a great hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Klang, Selangor, Malaysia
Reviewed November 22, 2011

First time staying at the hotel on 22 Nov 2011 (room 411), the check-in was a bit slow because the receptionist was training a new staff...when the Indian receptionist handed me the key, instead of saying "Have a nice stay here Maam or check out time is 12, instead she said "Make sure you check out tomorrow before 12 because we have many customers coming in tomorrow.."...Can you believe that? Of course I was pissed off because I've been to hundreds of hotels local and overseas and receptionists were never rude like that...I argued with her and later I called the manager to complain..The manager investigated and later apologised to me...but the harm is already done...

Even though the room is nice and my children enjoyed the big pool, but my mood was already spoilt by the first encounter..I have the impression she had the nerve to be rude to me because I'm a LOCAL and I bet she would not say that to all the Mat Sallehs...so pathetic...

My suggestion to the hotel, please train your receptionist properly and put the nicest and most hospitable person at your counter so that people feel welcome and want to come back again...

Would I come back again to this hotel??? Most probably no.....

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool and the golf course..
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank YUHANAZAN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nilai
Sama-Sama Hotel KL International Airport
#12 of 14 in Sepang
No photo provided
Aeton Hotel
#2 of 10 in Nilai

Been to Nilai Springs Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!