“Great over night stop”
Review of Le Val Moret

Le Val Moret
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Magnant
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This must be our seventh or eight overnight stop on the way south. The staff are always very polite, and the accommodation comfortable and clean. We prefer the comfort plus rooms, as these have the view across the fields. The restaurant as ever is excellent. The recent addition of the swimming pool is a plus point, and there are rooms available for those who are travelling with dogs.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Le Val Moret

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We broke our journey here south to the Charollais and we were very pleased with what we discovered. Just south of Troyes, it's only a couple of minutes off the autoroute (but note that it's NOT where my satnav thought it was - problem with French postcodes or my German satnav?). As someone else remarked, it's laid out like a motel with rooms in separate buildings a short walk from the main hotel. Not a problem on a balmy evening but I bet I'd think otherwise in February! Rooms basic (think Premier Inn but with worse decor..) but with good bathroom and OK bed - and free wifi

You don't get a good impression of the dining area which seems to be have been the work of the same interior designer as did the chambres, but the food and the service were excellent. Both food and wine were reasonably priced. Breakfast was buffet self service with a limited range on offer (like most French places). I find the approach of sticking a tray on the table like a giant place mat a bit offputting but generally it was perfectly OK

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paulecrisp
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I don't really want to divulge this gastronome's delight as it will become too popular with those rushing through France en route to warmer climes.

But to hv a Spa awaiting you along with fab French food after a hard day's drive is wonderful.

Don't be put off by nearness to motorway.

Beds could do with new mattresses if I had to be picky.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Driving back from Lake Garda to Calais we stopped off at Le Val Moret (just off J22 of the A5 motorway) for the night. A lovely little hotel, very friendly and helpful staff and the food was wonderful. Room (we paid for a larger room with a balcony) was spacious but could have done with air con as it got warm unless you left the balcony doors open. Ample parking and had we got there earlier we could have used the indoor pool they have. Free wifi was so slow as to be next to useless but hey, it was free so cant complain too much. Overall if I head to the SE of France again I would have no hesitation in using this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice en route travelling back from the Riviera. The format is that of a Motel, with limited formality and prompt and efficient service . HOWEVER, the evening meal is a revelation; imaginative and well prepared French cuisine at a relatively modest cost. Routine tourist fare is also available, so if you are travelling with children, there is no problem.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were travelling from Zeebrugge to Provence making 2 overnight stops. This stop was ideal.
• It was close to the motorway but was quiet and rural.
• We were towing a trailer and it felt very secure leaving it in the car park
• The staff were extremely helpful.
• The swimming pool complex was very good – large pool, sauna, Jacuzzi.
• The evening meal was excellent and reasonably priced. I think it is Michelin rated
• Breakfasts had a wide range of options, hot and cold
• The bedrooms were clean, large and modern
We would definitely return but it would be wise to book in advance.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chilton
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Great location to stay enroute to the Alps from the UK. Just off the motorway. Food was great, rooms fine but the bed was atrocious. I have a bad back so am sensitive to soft beds but my partner could hardly sleep. I got up hardly able to walk with my back. This was just soft but worn out and needs replacing.
For me this means I wouldn't stop there again.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank AndrewB103
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magnant
Best Western Hotel Golf & Spa De La Foret D'Orient
Le Chateau De Courban & Spa Nuxe
Hotel Relais Paris-Bale
Hotel Relais Paris-Bale
#1 of 1 in Montieramey

Been to Le Val Moret? Share your experiences!