Hotel Palmas de Cortez
Hotel Buena Vista Beach Resort(Buenavista)(Great Value!)
$145
Palapas Ventana(La Ventana)(Great Value!)
$126
Hotel Aeropuerto Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
$80
$61
Hacienda Todos Los Santos(Todos Santos)
$190
Todos Santos Inn(Todos Santos)
$202
$125
$130
$14
Casa Tara Retreat(El Sargento)
TripAdvisor
Hotel California(Todos Santos)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsswim up barfisheast capein townmeal plantunabay viewgreat triplunch dinnerbreakfast restaurantthatched roofhotel restaurantsmain poolnice dinnermain restaurantmexican buffetbeautiful location
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed six nights and enjoyed this hotel a lot even though I am not a fisherman. We came to Los Barriles to find a good location for East Cape diving after being disappointed with Cabo San Lucas a few years back.

The room was newer and in better shape than most non-luxury Mexican hotel rooms (we were in room 41, upstairs, not directly over the pool but with a direct view of the dock). The bathroom was modern, clean, big shower, nice stone counters and tile. No issues with water temp or pressure. The patio was spacious, shaded, great view of the beach and we enjoyed watching the workings of the fishing boat preparations each day. The pool was lovely but once the fishing boats returned it was crowded and pretty loud so get your relaxing swims in while the boats are out if you can.

Downsides (for the non-fishermen): Two double beds in all the rooms, one of which had spring issues making it so noisy and bumpy it was almost comical. The fridge was great to have but made a lot of noise and was right next to the "good" bed. AC set up made temperature control difficult (too hot or too cold at night). Odd tv issues (satellite channels come and go, very few English channels) and no wifi in rooms like advertising promises -- only in the lobby area. Upsides: Great location near town but mostly on th e each which is beautiful, swimable, nearly empty all the time, and one of the most enjoyable beaches I've ever been on. Clean, clean, clean rooms and lovely, courteous staff. On-site diving that has a good boat, goes to Cabo Pulmo regularly, and does three tanks for a good price.

Room Tip: Upper floor pool/ocean view seem very nice. Pool/garden rooms near lobby seem older and a little dark but have ac units outside the rooms (instead of wall-mounts) so probably a little quieter. The condo units looked really large and updated. For longer stays, those would be choice units.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Well I don't know if this place is really a secret, and I almost don't want to say to many good things about it in fear that to many people will start coming here. This place is nothing like Cabo and that's a good thing. No snobby tourist with there nose in the air. I have been to Palmas de Cortez 3 times and on my way for the fourth next week. The people of this little town are the nicest people I have ever met. For instance I was fishing off the boat dock and some of the local kids were fishing to. I apparently dropped a twenty dollar bill and it went into the water. I dint even know until this soaking wet kid handed it back to me of course I handed it right back. Theses kids were so exited. They gave me some tips and I caught the biggest Jack Crevalle I had ever caught 20lbs.
What a blast. I am seriously considering buying some property down here. As far as the hotel goes one word GREAT! Food like some of the other commenters try all the local places and of course the restaurant on the premises. Very good. Fishing it has always been great. Try some different kinds of fishing of course tuna bill fish dorado that's a no brainer. Try the panga's inshore or rent some atvs and go up and down the beach you wont regret it. I don't normally wright reviews but the 1 star comment bellow prompted me to wright one. The person that came with his friend from San Diego needs to go to Cabo that's were he or she belongs.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The reason you come to Los Barriles is for the fishing. The East Cape has superb fishing: tuna, dorado, wahoo, marlin, rooster fish, sailfish. There is really nothing else to do here except to windsurf in the winter. If you are here to fish, then this is your hotel. We have been coming for over 20 years; kudos to the Van Woermers for creating such a place. Each year it gets a little better. There is a new restaurant for dinner which is actually very good. Breakfast is still subpar but there is hope.

The routine is simple. Breakfast at 6am. The fishing boats depart at 6:30 - 6:45 and return at 3:15 - 4:00. The fishing is usually fantastic! Upon return, take some fish to the restaurant for tonight and the remainder go to the Smokehouse for cleaning, packing in vacuum packs and flash freezing. Pick up your fish when you depart,the Smokehouse will supply airline-approved insulated boxes.

The nite before, order a bag lunch and drinks. Nothing fancy, make sure you have at least 2 liters of water.

The afternoons are filled with fish stories. The pool is adequate with a swim up bar and a nice view over the East Cape. Then to dinner! The restaurant will prepare sashimi for you or cook your fish a dozen different ways. Yum!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Overall good trip my third visit to Los palmas de Cortez it is a fishing resort and I would not take my family here do not have the meal package as it is not what is advertised they have removed lots from the included menu for starter you are now limited to either soup or salid not a choice as on their web site obviously you can pay the extra for calamari but with the abundance of calamari in the sea why have they removed it ? Other items have also been removed from the main included menu , so I would not bother with the meal package and eat offsite as we chose to do on several occasions the fishing was ok not as good as previous years but the weather was mixed.room ok and kept clean

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

My San Diego fishing fanatic friend finally agreed to take me on one of his many baja fishing boat adventures.
The hotel is far from Cabo and our room was much worse than Any Motel6 I have ever stayed in, even Vallejo's or Elko's! Los Barilles is a sad tiny dumpy town.
The large white on white tiled dining room may look clean but i had very gut-wrenching painful diarrhea all week.
The swim up bar pool reeked.
The too proud "#2" boat captain muttered Spanish insults and foul names at both of us, all day and every day, And demanded full pay and full tip, even after loosing one of my best-fighting all-small size dorado. My old friend just said "it's mexico".
Never again.