“Simply the best VALUE in Los Barriles”

Bay View Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 32 Restaurants in Los Barriles
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Best Restaruant in Los Barriles.
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Don't be put off by the Restaurant's location at the Palmas de Cortez hotel. It has the Best View, Best Staff and Best Food in Los Barriles. The other eateries in Los Barriles do not compare in quality or price to the BayView. The staff tries hard in food prep and service. We are always surprised by our low bill at the end of the meal! Give it a try when visiting Los Barriles.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

What can I say? When their on their on. When their off their off. This year their off! They are consistent with great service. I love the atmosphere and staff. It's the food that is so hit or miss. Sometimes it's outstanding, other times it's really bad. I really don't get it, no rhyme or reason to it. Yet with all the ups and downs I always find myself returning to visit every year.

1  Thank Mtaylor000
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed in the Villas for a month. I ate at the Bayview many times. The waiters were friendly. Actually by the end of my time, they were friends. Edgar, Manuel, Alejandro, Negro, Francisco - all nice guys - worked to please. The food was excellent. I had many fish taco lunches, many chile rellenos and a couple nice fish dinners. No complaints. Very convenient. If I have one complaint - we never found a wine that we loved.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Maybe we just got lucky but we were very happy with our Bayview experience and I don't usually eat where I sleep. One night we ordered TO GO a delicious chicken artichoke fettuccine dish and a really good arugula salad served with fresh baked bread - the serving size was more than enough to split. Another night we sat on the oceanfront patio to enjoy the moonlit night. We don't remember if it was seabass (LOL) or mahi but it was fresh and served with nice vege's and sauce, music, wine, good service and bonus we didn't feel that it cost us anymore than others restaurants in town which weren't near as good e.g., Tio Pablo's and Los Barriltos. Have to say we had other favs previously but this time (other than El Viego) they were a bust as many of the local restaurants either lacked fresh local fish during this trip or have changed over to ready made frozen product. Not here.
Trini's was also good but we tried it on an over packed night (multiple local Bday groups of over 20+) so unfair to comment on that one night.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had two pretty good meals at this restaurant while staying at Palmas de Cortez. The chile rellenos were good, served with rice and beans (once with tortillas, once without). Nothing to write home about but had a lovely view of the beach and was very convenient when it was too hot to go further on foot and when you really need air conditioning.